Cursors - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Cursors - Xwindows ; Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions regarding cursors in X/Xt: 1. How can the cursor be moved to a given location independent of the mouse position? 2. How can the current cursor definition(pixmap, mask, size etc) be retrieved ...

  1. Cursors

    Hello everyone,

    I have a couple of questions regarding cursors in X/Xt:

    1. How can the cursor be moved to a given location independent of the
    mouse position?

    2. How can the current cursor definition(pixmap, mask, size etc) be retrieved ?

    Any advice would be gratefully receiced.

    Thanks in advance,

    Ian

  2. Re: Cursors

    Hi Ian!

    On 21 Oct 03 at 19:38, "Ian" (Ian ) wrote:

    Ian> Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions regarding cursors in
    Ian> X/Xt:

    Ian> 1. How can the cursor be moved to a given location independent of the
    Ian> mouse position?

    XWarpPointer

    Ian> 2. How can the current cursor definition(pixmap, mask, size etc) be
    Ian> retrieved ?

    I don't know any way to do so when the pointer is set by another client.
    If it is your client that sets the pointer shape via one of
    XCreate{Font,Glyph,Pixmap}Cursor calls, you can query the extension and
    bits via standard X calls. XGetGeometry returns depth and dimensions for
    Pixmap, and XLoadQueryFont dimensions and hot spot position ( ascent )
    of a glyph used as a pointer shape for Font and Glyph. In case of Font
    the font name is predefined as "cursor" - don't know how standard it is
    though.

    --
    Sincerely,
    Dmitry

    --- www.karasik.eu.org ---

    Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
    - BOFH

+ Reply to Thread