Main Window Resized but Clipped - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Main Window Resized but Clipped - Xwindows ; When my main window created with XCreateSimpleWindow is enlarged only the original dimension is drawn into. The window manager's frame is bigger but my window appears the same size. It does not matter if the window was enlarged by dragging ...

  1. Main Window Resized but Clipped

    When my main window created with XCreateSimpleWindow is enlarged only the
    original dimension is drawn into. The window manager's frame is bigger but
    my window appears the same size. It does not matter if the window was
    enlarged by dragging the window manager's border or using XResizeWindow. X
    clips the background and any child window drawn into the new area. If I
    click in the resized area no mouse event is generated.

    Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

    Thanks in advance,
    Charlie

  2. Re: Main Window Resized but Clipped

    CharlieB wrote:

    > When my main window created with XCreateSimpleWindow is enlarged only the
    > original dimension is drawn into. The window manager's frame is bigger but
    > my window appears the same size. It does not matter if the window was
    > enlarged by dragging the window manager's border or using XResizeWindow. X
    > clips the background and any child window drawn into the new area. If I
    > click in the resized area no mouse event is generated.
    >
    > Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Charlie

    In case anyone else runs into this, I found the problem. When I made my call
    to XSelectInput I included the ResizeRedirectMask. Apparently what this
    mask does is prevent the window manager from resizing my main window but
    the window manager still resizes it's frame. I noticed when using the
    ResizeRedirectMask I would receive a ResizeRequest event also.

+ Reply to Thread