Re: software video capture by replaying X requests slowly - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Re: software video capture by replaying X requests slowly - Xwindows ; Amir Michail schrieb: > [...] > Real-time video capture doesn't appear possible using software only > methods with today's hardware. > [...] Hi, dunno if this serves your needs, but you might want to have a peek at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xvidcap Cheers, ...

  1. Re: software video capture by replaying X requests slowly

    Amir Michail schrieb:
    > [...]
    > Real-time video capture doesn't appear possible using software only
    > methods with today's hardware.
    > [...]

    Hi,

    dunno if this serves your needs, but you might want to have a peek
    at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xvidcap

    Cheers,

    Karl.

  2. Re: software video capture by replaying X requests slowly

    "Karl H. Beckers" wrote in message news:...
    > Amir Michail schrieb:
    > > [...]
    > > Real-time video capture doesn't appear possible using software only
    > > methods with today's hardware.
    > > [...]

    > Hi,
    >
    > dunno if this serves your needs, but you might want to have a peek
    > at http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/xvidcap

    Hi,

    Yes, one of the students on the project recommended xvidcap and we
    ended up using it in DRT/Video. I'm amazed that xvidcap works so
    well.

    Amir

    P.S. You can find out more about DRT/Video here:

    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~drt/screenshot
    http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/drtvideo.pdf

    > Cheers,
    >
    > Karl.