Searching for some xterm help - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Searching for some xterm help - Xwindows ; I am seeking some insight on defining an XTerm keyboard mapping problem. The problem is this - xmodmap -pk reports the following: 81 0xff50 (Home) 84 0xff57 (End) 102 0xffd8 (F27) 0xffd8 (F27) 0xffb7 (KP_7) 0xff50 (Home) 96 0xffde (F33) ...

  1. Searching for some xterm help

    I am seeking some insight on defining an XTerm keyboard mapping problem.

    The problem is this - xmodmap -pk reports the following:

    81 0xff50 (Home)
    84 0xff57 (End)
    102 0xffd8 (F27) 0xffd8 (F27) 0xffb7 (KP_7) 0xff50 (Home) 96 0xffde (F33) 0xffde (F33) 0xffb1 (KP_1) 0xff57 (End)

    I want to know what has to be done so that keyboard translations for
    F27 and F33 appear on the keyboard. Right now, it appears that the
    0xff50 and 0xff57 keysyms are 'overriding' the other keysyms translation
    by default.
    --
    http://wiki.tcl.tk/ > In God we trust.
    http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ >

  2. Re: Searching for some xterm help

    According to :
    :I am seeking some insight on defining an XTerm keyboard mapping problem.
    :
    :The problem is this - xmodmap -pk reports the following:
    :
    : 81 0xff50 (Home)
    : 84 0xff57 (End)
    : 102 0xffd8 (F27) 0xffd8 (F27) 0xffb7 (KP_7) 0xff50 (Home)
    : 96 0xffde (F33) 0xffde (F33) 0xffb1 (KP_1) 0xff57 (End)
    :
    :I want to know what has to be done so that keyboard translations for
    :F27 and F33 appear on the keyboard. Right now, it appears that the
    :0xff50 and 0xff57 keysyms are 'overriding' the other keysyms translation
    :by default.

    The solution to this was in the MIT X documentation. The xterm translations
    are set from more specific to less specific. By the time that the
    translations for F27 and F33 were reached, the definitions for
    Home and End had already been set. So since something is assigning
    the Home and End keysyms to both pairs of keys, the first translation
    took precedence over the second.

    The solution was to define the F27 and F33 translations before the Home
    and End ones - then I got unique sequences for the two pairs of keys
    in xterm.
    --
    http://wiki.tcl.tk/ > In God we trust.
    http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/ >