XView libs ported to Cygwin (sort of) - Xwindows

This is a discussion on XView libs ported to Cygwin (sort of) - Xwindows ; [I am posting this mainly to help the 2-3 others out there who are still burdened with XView apps and need to port them to Windows via Cygwin.] I have ported the Xview 3.2p14 libraries, libxview and libolgx, to Cygwin ...

  1. XView libs ported to Cygwin (sort of)

    [I am posting this mainly to help the 2-3 others out there who are still
    burdened with XView apps and need to port them to Windows via Cygwin.]

    I have ported the Xview 3.2p14 libraries, libxview and libolgx, to Cygwin
    with the following caveats:
    * It has not been substantially tested. Only the XView clock client and my
    (reasonably complex) app has been used to test.
    * Cygwin has no implemented virtual itimers, so the XView virtual itimers
    are stubbed out with unknown effect.
    * Does not work when library compiled with '-O2' option for unknown reasons.
    * Have not (and might not) compiled XView as shared libraries.

    The port was based on the xview-3.2p14-16.src.rpm source from
    http://www.physionet.org/physiotools/xview/ (which has Debian bug fixes, I
    believe).

    Contact me if interested (even if several years from now [Sep'03]). I know
    what it's like to have to maintain ancient (like 6 years old!) software.

    Mark Hamby

  2. Re: XView libs ported to Cygwin (sort of)

    And if you want to convert those Xview apps to Motif, we have a converter.

    http://www.ics.com/products/xviewconversion/

    Mark

    "Mark Hamby" wrote in message
    > [I am posting this mainly to help the 2-3 others out there who are still
    > burdened with XView apps and need to port them to Windows via Cygwin.]
    >
    > I have ported the Xview 3.2p14 libraries, libxview and libolgx, to Cygwin
    > with the following caveats:
    > * It has not been substantially tested. Only the XView clock client and

    my
    > (reasonably complex) app has been used to test.
    > * Cygwin has no implemented virtual itimers, so the XView virtual itimers
    > are stubbed out with unknown effect.
    > * Does not work when library compiled with '-O2' option for unknown

    reasons.
    > * Have not (and might not) compiled XView as shared libraries.
    >
    > The port was based on the xview-3.2p14-16.src.rpm source from
    > http://www.physionet.org/physiotools/xview/ (which has Debian bug fixes, I
    > believe).
    >
    > Contact me if interested (even if several years from now [Sep'03]). I

    know
    > what it's like to have to maintain ancient (like 6 years old!) software.
    >
    > Mark Hamby

+ Reply to Thread