Re: How to make X aware of additional keys? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Re: How to make X aware of additional keys? - Xwindows ; vrihad@myway.com wrote in message news: ... > I am trying to make my tinyX server(on Linux) aware of an internet and > multimedia keyboard. [..] The xev does not report those key-events. I > can get the scancodes of such ...

  1. Re: How to make X aware of additional keys?

    vrihad@myway.com wrote in message news:<2a024f54.0308202318.5a6781c7@posting.google.com>...

    > I am trying to make my tinyX server(on Linux) aware of an internet and
    > multimedia keyboard. [..] The xev does not report those key-events. I
    > can get the scancodes of such keys by running "showkey -s", but I
    > don't know how to use these codes to get X to trap those events.

    If xev doesn't report the keycodes, then your X server is not generating
    events for the keys. Bad news: you may need the change the X server to make
    it recognize the corresponding keyboard scan codes and generate KeyPress
    and KeyRelease events.

    --- Casantos

  2. Re: How to make X aware of additional keys?

    Hi!

    > If xev doesn't report the keycodes, then your X server is not generating
    > events for the keys. Bad news: you may need the change the X server to make
    > it recognize the corresponding keyboard scan codes and generate KeyPress
    > and KeyRelease events.

    That is true. How can I change the X server? Mine is a kdrive (tiny X)
    server. Has anyone done anything similar with kdrive sources? Any hint
    would be appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    vrihad

  3. Re: How to make X aware of additional keys?

    vrihad@myway.com wrote in message news:<2a024f54.0308270325.7c77427f@posting.google.com>...

    > How can I change the X server? Mine is a kdrive (tiny X) server. Has
    > anyone done anything similar with kdrive sources? Any hint would be
    > appreciated.

    The source code of Xkdrive is distributed along with the XFree86 X server.

    You may get it at XFree86.org.

    --- Casantos

+ Reply to Thread