Q: Windows Fonts? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Q: Windows Fonts? - Xwindows ; I'd like to use some fonts from a place called www.fonts.com . Is there any way that I can somehow convert a windows based font to be able to use it with UNIX, Solaris preferably. If anyone knows of a ...

  1. Q: Windows Fonts?

    I'd like to use some fonts from a place called www.fonts.com. Is there
    any way that I can somehow convert a windows based font to be able to use it
    with UNIX, Solaris preferably.

    If anyone knows of a URL that gives instructions, please pass it on.

    Thanks Jim

    --
    -----------------------
    Jim

  2. Re: Q: Windows Fonts?

    In comp.windows.x Alan Coopersmith wrote:
    > Jim Balson writes in comp.unix.solaris:
    > | I'd like to use some fonts from a place called www.fonts.com. Is there
    > |any way that I can somehow convert a windows based font to be able to use it
    > |with UNIX, Solaris preferably.

    > If they are TrueType or PostScript yes, Windows bitmap no.

    > | If anyone knows of a URL that gives instructions, please pass it on.

    > http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/verdana.font.txt

    > --
    > Alan Coopersmith alanc@alum.calberkeley.org
    > http://www.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/ aka: Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    > Working for, but definitely not speaking for, Sun Microsystems, Inc.

    Works as advertised. I now have some really cool fonts to use with
    the GIMP.

    Thanks Alan.

    Jim

    --