Rotating A Bitmap - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Rotating A Bitmap - Xwindows ; Was looking for a way to rotate a bitmap about its origin. It wasn't clear to me looking through the Xlib functions that this is possible. Any suggestions?...

  1. Rotating A Bitmap

    Was looking for a way to rotate a bitmap about its origin. It wasn't clear
    to me looking through the Xlib functions that this is possible. Any
    suggestions?

  2. Re: Rotating A Bitmap

    In comp.windows.x, Ray A. Lopez

    wrote
    on Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:32:00 GMT
    :
    > Was looking for a way to rotate a bitmap about its origin. It wasn't clear
    > to me looking through the Xlib functions that this is possible. Any
    > suggestions?

    You might have to do it the hard way, by computing a new bitmap.
    Try the XImage functions in that case.

    If you want to do a non-90 rotation things get even more interesting,
    as one has to deal with transparency issues, among other things.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    It's still legal to go .sigless.

+ Reply to Thread