Re: Low-level X programming - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Re: Low-level X programming - Xwindows ; "SCoTT SMeDLeY" wrote in news:20030801.141807.933110197.27335@aaopcss.aao.g ov.au: > When my app receives the PropertyNotify event I wish to look up the new > value of WM_NAME & so I make a XGetText() call, but the window has been > destroyed & ...

  1. Re: Low-level X programming

    "SCoTT SMeDLeY" wrote in
    news:20030801.141807.933110197.27335@aaopcss.aao.g ov.au:
    > When my app receives the PropertyNotify event I wish to look up the new
    > value of WM_NAME & so I make a XGetText() call, but the window has been
    > destroyed & hence I get a 'BadWindow' error.
    >
    > Is there any way to prevent this?

    Use an error handler to catch the BadWindow and do something other than exit.

    Ken Lee, http://www.rahul.net/kenton/

  2. Re: Low-level X programming

    > Use an error handler to catch the BadWindow and do something other than
    > exit.

    Is this a standard way of handling these kind of situations?

    SCoTT.

+ Reply to Thread