Exceed xstart errors on terminal server - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Exceed xstart errors on terminal server - Xwindows ; I have installed Hummingbird Exceed on our Citrix server. Most of the time the application works fine. However, lately when attempting to run an xstart session, I receive the following error message: Fatal Error All XServer Displays are in use. ...

  1. Exceed xstart errors on terminal server

    I have installed Hummingbird Exceed on our Citrix server. Most of the time
    the application works fine. However, lately when attempting to run an
    xstart session, I receive the following error message:

    Fatal Error
    All XServer Displays are in use. Exceed can not run without a display.
    Please try again at a later time.

    Followed by this error message:

    Xstart Clent Startup Application
    Unable to load Exceed.

    Any ideas what is going on here?

    -Phil

  2. Re: Exceed xstart errors on terminal server

    Uninstalling Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 seemed to fix this issue.

    Phil wrote in message news:...
    > I have installed Hummingbird Exceed on our Citrix server. Most of the time
    > the application works fine. However, lately when attempting to run an
    > xstart session, I receive the following error message:
    >
    > Fatal Error
    > All XServer Displays are in use. Exceed can not run without a display.
    > Please try again at a later time.
    >
    > Followed by this error message:
    >
    > Xstart Clent Startup Application
    > Unable to load Exceed.
    >
    > Any ideas what is going on here?
    >
    > -Phil

  3. Re: Exceed xstart errors on terminal server

    Got the same message running Xstart on Win7, Exceed 7.1.

    It looked a lot like typical non-accessibility to resources from Vista and Win7.

    Opened Xstart by right clicking and selecting "Run as Administrator". It worked.

+ Reply to Thread