...received an X Window System error... - Xwindows

This is a discussion on ...received an X Window System error... - Xwindows ; Hi, I wrote a app that gets the window id of the root window and then graps the button press events of the root window. This is an enhancement to a WM without a root menu. My app works well, ...

  1. ...received an X Window System error...

    Hi,

    I wrote a app that gets the window id of the root window and then graps
    the button press events of the root window. This is an enhancement to a
    WM without a root menu.

    My app works well, but if I start it twice or with a WM which graps the
    button press event of the root window it crashes with this text:

    The program 'grootevent' received an X Window System error.
    The error was 'BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)'.
    (Details: serial 44 error_code 10 request_code 2 minor_code 0)
    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
    function.)

    Is there an ability to detect if another application yet grabs the
    button press event?

    Or is there an abbility to set some kind of "Exception Handling" for
    this"serial 44 error_code 10 request_code 2 minor_code 0" - Error?

    thanks
    Andreas

  2. Re: ...received an X Window System error...

    Am Thu, 10 Jul 2003 22:21:20 +0000 (UTC) schrieb Ken Lee:

    > Andreas Volz wrote in
    > news:20030710225532.6e88f5a7.andreas@brachttal.net :
    > > Or is there an abbility to set some kind of "Exception Handling" for
    > > this"serial 44 error_code 10 request_code 2 minor_code 0" - Error?

    > The default error handler prints out the error message and exits,
    > You can write your own error handler that does something else if you
    > want.

    Great, good idea. This works.

    Thanks
    Andreas