XReparentWindow complications - Xwindows

This is a discussion on XReparentWindow complications - Xwindows ; I am writing a media application that uses one program to play a video media file and another as the frontend. I am using XReparentWindow to put the window from the media player into another window in the frontend. The ...

  1. XReparentWindow complications

    I am writing a media application that uses one program to play a video
    media file and another as the frontend. I am using XReparentWindow to
    put the window from the media player into another window in the
    frontend.

    The application works until I try to reparent the window again, for
    example to go fullscreen. After calling XReparentWindow a second time
    I get BadDrawable errors from the media player.

    Is there something I can do to prevent these errors, such as handling
    some event? Could my complications possibly be due from reparenting a
    window from one process into another rather than from a single
    process? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

  2. Re: XReparentWindow complications

    bbillade wrote:
    > Is there something I can do to prevent these errors, such as handling
    > some event?

    After reparenting the specified window, XReparentWindow() causes the X
    server to generate a ReparentNotify event.

    The X server will also call UnMapWindow and MapWindow, but I'm not sure
    if those generate the usual events in the case of a XReparentWindow() call.

    Regards,
    - Graeme -

    fpGUI - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
    http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/

+ Reply to Thread