Two mice controlling two pointers on the same screen - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Two mice controlling two pointers on the same screen - Xwindows ; Hi, I've been looking around trying to find information on the feasibility of that but got nowhere. I hope someone n this forum can help. I was wondering if it is possible to have two different mice configured **on the ...

  1. Two mice controlling two pointers on the same screen

    Hi,

    I've been looking around trying to find information on the feasibility
    of that but got nowhere. I hope someone n this forum can help.

    I was wondering if it is possible to have two different mice
    configured **on the same "server layout"**, giving two separate
    pointers on the same desktop. I know it is possible to configure two
    mice in X either to be used on different screens or simply to have
    both control the same pointer (such as having a touchpad and a mouse
    on a laptop).

    When I tried it I only got one pointer. I guess this is a limitation
    of the X server architecture to only have one set of coordinates
    mapped on the screen. I was also wondering if there is a horizon for
    developing a multi-pointer capability onto X with the development of
    new multi-touch screens and touchpads.

    Thanks,

    Y.Farkash

  2. Re: Two mice controlling two pointers on the same screen