image magnifier - Xwindows

This is a discussion on image magnifier - Xwindows ; I recently switched from KDE to X. Now I need to find an X app that displays enlarged images as kview did when I was running KDE. I have hunted around a bit but have not come up with anything. ...

  1. image magnifier

    I recently switched from KDE to X. Now I need to find an X app that
    displays enlarged images as kview did when I was running KDE.
    I have hunted around a bit but have not come up with anything.
    Any suggestion?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: image magnifier

    dfeustel@mindspring.com writes:

    > I recently switched from KDE to X.

    That makes no sense.
    KDE runs under X Windows.

    > Now I need to find an X app that
    > displays enlarged images as kview did when I was running KDE.
    > I have hunted around a bit but have not come up with anything.
    > Any suggestion?

    kview should continue to work.

    I'm running fvwm2, kview works fine.

    The traditional X based magnifier is "xmag".

  3. Re: image magnifier

    On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:18:56 -0500, dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:

    >I recently switched from KDE to X. Now I need to find an X app that
    >displays enlarged images as kview did when I was running KDE.
    >I have hunted around a bit but have not come up with anything.
    >Any suggestion?
    >
    >Thanks.

    Try http://freshmeat.net/projects/gtkimageviewer/

    It has mouse click zoom, and mouse panning.

    zentara

    http://zentara.net/CandyGram_for_Mongo.html

  4. Re: image magnifier

    zentara wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:18:56 -0500, dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    >
    >>I recently switched from KDE to X. Now I need to find an X app that
    >>displays enlarged images as kview did when I was running KDE.
    >>I have hunted around a bit but have not come up with anything.
    >>Any suggestion?
    >>
    >>Thanks.

    > Try http://freshmeat.net/projects/gtkimageviewer/
    >
    > It has mouse click zoom, and mouse panning.
    >

    > zentara

    Thanks! I'll check it out.

  5. Re: image magnifier

    YANSWBVCG wrote:
    > zentara wrote:
    >> On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:18:56 -0500, dfeustel@mindspring.com wrote:
    >>
    >>>I recently switched from KDE to X. Now I need to find an X app that
    >>>displays enlarged images as kview did when I was running KDE.
    >>>I have hunted around a bit but have not come up with anything.
    >>>Any suggestion?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >> Try http://freshmeat.net/projects/gtkimageviewer/
    >>
    >> It has mouse click zoom, and mouse panning.
    >>

    >> zentara
    >>

    > Thanks! I'll check it out.

    I could not get gtkimageviewer to build. I built imageviewer from the
    FreeBSD ports collection but could not figure out how it works. I wound
    up building qiv from ports, and that works.

+ Reply to Thread