Shifting from 8 bit display to 24 bit display - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Shifting from 8 bit display to 24 bit display - Xwindows ; Hello, I get the following error when I try to launch a Motif shell in a 24 bit display, in migrating from an 8 bit display). The error message that shows up is: X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer ...

  1. Shifting from 8 bit display to 24 bit display

    Hello,

    I get the following error when I try to launch a Motif shell in a 24
    bit display,
    in migrating from an 8 bit display).

    The error message that shows up is:
    X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range
    for operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 91 (X_QueryColors)
    Value in failed request: 0xffffffeb
    Serial number of failed request: 2446

    Best regards,
    Cartik

  2. Re: Shifting from 8 bit display to 24 bit display

    On Jun 18, 5:31*pm, "cartik.sha...@gmail.com"
    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I get the following error when I try to launch a Motif shell in a 24
    > bit display,
    > in migrating from an 8 bit display).
    >
    > The error message that shows up is:
    > X Error of failed request: *BadValue (integer parameter out of range
    > for operation)
    > * Major opcode of failed request: *91 (X_QueryColors)
    > * Value in failed request: *0xffffffeb
    > * Serial number of failed request: *2446
    > * Current serial number in output stream: *2446

    What colormap are you passing to the XQueryColors call?
    Have you initialized the pixel resource of all members of the XColor
    array to
    a valid index for that colormap?
    --
    Fred Kleinschmdit