XmComboBox layout problem... - Xwindows

This is a discussion on XmComboBox layout problem... - Xwindows ; Hi, following situation: Using a XmRowColumn adding a XmComboBox a XmPushButton and a user defined widget we have a predfined size of 200x200 for the predefined widget. So ... in a vertical layout the button adjusts to the with of ...

  1. XmComboBox layout problem...

    Hi,

    following situation:

    Using a XmRowColumn adding a XmComboBox a XmPushButton
    and a user defined widget we have a predfined size of 200x200
    for the predefined widget.

    So ... in a vertical layout the button adjusts to the with of 200 as
    well as the combobox but the combobox arrow button resizes
    getting wider than the text field:

    Of course I want to have the >>small<< arrow button at the right
    and the text field should resize ....
    Is this possible to adjust?

    best regards,
    Thomas

    Appendix:
    ____________________
    | Hello | \/ |
    -----------------------------------
    ____________________
    | Hello Button |
    -----------------------------------
    ____________________
    | User defined |
    -----------------------------------

  2. Re: XmComboBox layout problem...

    On Jun 18, 3:43*am, Thomas Lehmann wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > following situation:
    >
    > Using a XmRowColumn adding a XmComboBox a XmPushButton
    > and a user defined widget we have a predfined size of 200x200
    > for the predefined widget.
    >
    > So ... in a vertical layout the button adjusts to the with of 200 as
    > well as the combobox but the combobox arrow button resizes
    > getting wider than the text field:
    >
    > Of course I want to have the >>small<< arrow button at the right
    > and the text field should resize ....
    > Is this possible to adjust?
    >
    > best regards,
    > Thomas
    >
    > Appendix:
    > *____________________
    > | Hello | \/ * * * * * * * * * * *|
    > *-----------------------------------
    > *____________________
    > | * * * Hello Button * * * * * |
    > *-----------------------------------
    > *____________________
    > | * * * *User defined * * * * |
    > *-----------------------------------

    I tried this and it works fine on Linux, HP, Cygwin, Sun, AIX, and SGI
    platforms - the text field of the combobox is the one that stretches,
    not the button. I tried it using Motif 2.1 and Motif 2.3 with no
    differences.

    That said, I have found it a bad idea to use a RowColumn for anything
    other than a menu.
    (The XmRowColumn widget was written as an aid for laying our menus and
    menubars).
    Better to use an XmForm.
    --
    Fred