customize menu - Xwindows

This is a discussion on customize menu - Xwindows ; I would like to add the 'firefox' command to the menu displayed by clicking the left mouse button. Is this simple or is there a reference I can use? Thanks....

  1. customize menu

    I would like to add the 'firefox' command to the menu displayed by
    clicking the left mouse button. Is this simple or is there a reference I
    can use?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: customize menu

    In comp.windows.x, dfeustel@mindspring.com

    wrote
    on Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:34:22 -0500
    :
    > I would like to add the 'firefox' command to the menu displayed by
    > clicking the left mouse button. Is this simple or is there a reference I
    > can use?
    >
    > Thanks.

    First, X doesn't quite do menus; that's done higher up, usually by a
    combination of window manager and environment. Are you using KDE or
    Gnome?

    Second, Gnome, at least in the configuration I am currently using, does
    not respond to the left mouse button. Did you mean the right mouse
    button?

    Third, Gnome, again in my configuration, already has Firefox
    as part of Applications>Internet.

    I'll admit I'm not sure where to point you to go next, but
    a Google might help as well.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "640K ought to be enough for anybody."
    - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!