After a recent storm that took out the power, I have an application
(an xgterm window... note the 'g') that now beeps at me when I give it
a ctrl middle click or ctrl right click. Nothing else on the computer
seems out of the ordinary... no other problems from the blackout. This
program, which is like xterm, has two menus (defined in an app-
defaults file) accessible only through ctrl-clicks. I've reinstalled
the binaries and the app-default files but I still get the beeps.

I don't know how to follow up on this to debug it. Could somebody with
more clue about how X works give me some pointers to investigate? I'm
running Ubuntu with compiz fusion.

Thanks ahead of time,
Jason