how can I change options in xorg.conf from an application - Xwindows

This is a discussion on how can I change options in xorg.conf from an application - Xwindows ; Dear List, I want to change option in xorg.conf e.g - for "evtouch" driver want to change - Option "MinX" "98" to - Option "MinX" "0" but I want to do it from an application and not manual editing Is ...

  1. how can I change options in xorg.conf from an application

    Dear List,

    I want to change option in xorg.conf

    e.g -
    for "evtouch" driver
    want to change -
    Option "MinX" "98"
    to -
    Option "MinX" "0"

    but I want to do it from an application and not manual editing

    Is there APIs for this from an application (xf86ReplaceIntOption ???)

    Thanks a lot

    Lior

  2. Re: how can I change options in xorg.conf from an application

    On May 12, 8:52 am, liork wrote:
    > Dear List,
    >
    > I want to change option in xorg.conf

    [...]

    > but I want to do it from an application and not manual editing
    >
    > Is there APIs for this from an application (xf86ReplaceIntOption ???)

    That would seem unlikely, since then all sorts of programs could mess
    with the confign file.

    You could try a test editing script of some sort, something like:

    sed -e '/Option "MinX" "98"/s/98/0/' xorg.conf > xorg.conf.new

    You might want to re-ask this question on something like
    comp.unix.shell

    -Ed

    --
    (You can't go wrong with psycho-rats.)(http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~er258)

    /d{def}def/f{/Times s selectfont}d/s{11}d/r{roll}d f 2/m{moveto}d -1
    r 230 350 m 0 1 179{ 1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}for/s 12
    d f pop 235 420 translate 0 0 moveto 1 2 scale show showpage

+ Reply to Thread