I'm writing a program that uses some nested XQueryTree's to find window ID's of windows with specific names.

when the program initializes it does this just fine, finding window ID's of 3 different windows.

problem comes later on in execution when an even triggers another query, but this time it always fails with XQueryTree returning 0. I'm using the same Display pointer and Root Window ID... but it just doen't work.

is there any way to see why i'm getting a 0 returned? or any idea on why it would fail?