making pcf or bdf fonts in ~/.fonts usable in konsole - Xwindows

This is a discussion on making pcf or bdf fonts in ~/.fonts usable in konsole - Xwindows ; When I drop new .ttf files into my ~/.fonts directory, konsole just shows them in the font selection dialog by itself. Can't be easier. Regarding new .pcf/.bdf fonts, what are steps needed to make konsole aware of them ? I ...

  1. making pcf or bdf fonts in ~/.fonts usable in konsole

    When I drop new .ttf files into my ~/.fonts directory, konsole just
    shows them
    in the font selection dialog by itself. Can't be easier.

    Regarding new .pcf/.bdf fonts, what are steps needed to make konsole
    aware of them ? I prefer to keep those .pcf/.bdf font files in my
    ~/.fonts if possible.

    I did not figure all needed steps yet.

    Thanks
    Viki

  2. Re: making pcf or bdf fonts in ~/.fonts usable in konsole

    vikimun@gmail.com writes:

    > When I drop new .ttf files into my ~/.fonts directory, konsole just
    > shows them
    > in the font selection dialog by itself. Can't be easier.
    >
    > Regarding new .pcf/.bdf fonts, what are steps needed to make konsole
    > aware of them ? I prefer to keep those .pcf/.bdf font files in my
    > ~/.fonts if possible.

    This question is not directly related to the X Window System. The
    konsole terminal emulator uses Qt, which does all font rendering
    client-side. X has no say in the font selection.

    --
    Måns Rullgård
    mans@mansr.com

+ Reply to Thread