Motif on Solaris - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Motif on Solaris - Xwindows ; What is the version of Motif that is shipping with Solaris 10? Does OpenMotif 2.3 build successfully on Solaris with Studio11? Can someone point me to a list of feature differences and bug fixes that have been implemented in 2.3? ...

  1. Motif on Solaris

    What is the version of Motif that is shipping with Solaris 10? Does
    OpenMotif 2.3 build successfully on Solaris with Studio11? Can someone
    point me to a list of feature differences and bug fixes that have been
    implemented in 2.3?

    Thanks.

    --
    Jake Colman
    Director of Software Development

  2. Re: Motif on Solaris

    Jake Colman writes in comp.windows.x:
    |What is the version of Motif that is shipping with Solaris 10?

    OSF Motif 2.1 + Sun fixes, but without Xprint support

    http://www.motifzone.com/

    --
    Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
    http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/ * http://people.freedesktop.org/~alanc/

  3. Re: Motif on Solaris

    On Feb 14, 8:18 am, Jake Colman wrote:
    > What is the version of Motif that is shipping with Solaris 10? Does
    > OpenMotif 2.3 build successfully on Solaris with Studio11? Can someone
    > point me to a list of feature differences and bug fixes that have been
    > implemented in 2.3?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > --
    > Jake Colman
    > Director of Software Development
    > Principia Partners LLC
    > 101 West Elm Street
    > Suite 620
    > Conshohocken, PA 19428
    > +1 (610) 755-9786www.principiapartners.com
    >
    > --

    Hi Jake,

    Haven't seen you around the Motif water cooler lately. ;-)

    The OpenMotif license forbids it being built on any OS whose kernel is
    not covered by an open source license. (Ironically, this particular
    clause is what makes the OpenMotif license *not* open source as
    defined by OSI). At one point, this included Solaris. Alan C., want to
    comment on whether Solaris now qualifies under this clause? I must
    admit I never bothered to sort out Solaris vs Open Solaris etc.

    In regards to the technical aspects, the OM 2.3 enhancements of AA
    fonts and UTF-8 support do not map directly on Solaris and would have
    to be either commented out or re-implemented using the equivalent
    Solaris facilities.

    Mark

+ Reply to Thread