how do I make the pointer invisible - Xwindows

This is a discussion on how do I make the pointer invisible - Xwindows ; Hi. I'm doing an embedded application that will run fullscreen on an LCD touchscreen. What is the easiest way to make the pointer icon invisible? I don't want it showing up at all since the whole application is touchscreen push-buttons. ...

  1. how do I make the pointer invisible

    Hi.

    I'm doing an embedded application that will run fullscreen on an LCD
    touchscreen. What is the easiest way to make the pointer icon
    invisible? I don't want it showing up at all since the whole application
    is touchscreen push-buttons.

    I am using the Trolltech Qt widgets and I can get a static Display* to
    use as a handle for Xt/xlib calls.

    thanks

  2. Re: how do I make the pointer invisible

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 04:49:47 +0000, Just Me wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > I'm doing an embedded application that will run fullscreen on an LCD
    > touchscreen. What is the easiest way to make the pointer icon
    > invisible? I don't want it showing up at all since the whole
    > application is touchscreen push-buttons.
    >
    > I am using the Trolltech Qt widgets and I can get a static Display* to
    > use as a handle for Xt/xlib calls.
    >
    > thanks

    Never mind...I figured it out...

    Qt provides a direct interface to the pointer via the QCursor class.

+ Reply to Thread