help needed for ....; - Xwindows

This is a discussion on help needed for ....; - Xwindows ; dear all. I have a smal problem to face which being novice i cannot handle my self. i have a Acer 5601 systel with windows XP installed since one year. recently somthing happened and when i try to go to ...

  1. help needed for ....;

    dear all.

    I have a smal problem to face which being novice i cannot handle my
    self. i have a Acer 5601 systel with windows XP installed since one
    year. recently somthing happened and when i try to go to one of my
    hard drives like D, E throught my computer by clicking icon of the
    drive, it does not open the drive but ask for opening software program
    to open the file!

    Can any one help to fixed this problem.

    Thanks

  2. Re: help needed for ....;

    In comp.windows.x, faheem.ashraf1@gmail.com

    wrote
    on Fri, 23 Nov 2007 11:07:57 -0800 (PST)
    <400c27a1-38e7-4814-9f96-44030c36f777@j20g2000hsi.googlegroups.com>:
    > dear all.
    >
    > I have a smal problem to face which being novice i cannot handle my
    > self. i have a Acer 5601 systel with windows XP installed since one
    > year. recently somthing happened and when i try to go to one of my
    > hard drives like D, E throught my computer by clicking icon of the
    > drive, it does not open the drive but ask for opening software program
    > to open the file!
    >
    > Can any one help to fixed this problem.
    >
    > Thanks

    You're a little off the beaten path; this newsgroup is for the X Windows
    System, originating in MIT way back when, and commonly deployed on Unix
    and Linux systems. While there are versions of X (e.g., Cygwin XFree86)
    for Windows, your problem is apparently not related to, so we'll have to
    direct you elsewhere.

    Good luck, though; if you can't open your drives in Windows,
    something is very futzed.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Warning: This encrypted signature is a dangerous munition.
    Please notify the US government immediately upon reception.
    0000 0000 0000 0000 0001 0000 0000 0000 ...