X support for ATI X1550 RV516? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on X support for ATI X1550 RV516? - Xwindows ; I've got a Visiontek X1550 video card that I'd like to use under Solaris. But it looks like this card isn't supported under the current XFree86 and X.org releases. Can anyone help?...

  1. X support for ATI X1550 RV516?

    I've got a Visiontek X1550 video card that I'd like to use under
    Solaris. But it looks like this card isn't supported under the current
    XFree86 and X.org releases.

    Can anyone help?

  2. Re: X support for ATI X1550 RV516?

    Frank Tarczynski wrote:
    > I've got a Visiontek X1550 video card that I'd like to use under
    > Solaris. But it looks like this card isn't supported under the current
    > XFree86 and X.org releases.
    >
    > Can anyone help?

    Try changing driver in xorg.conf from "ati" to "vesa".
    Doing that just got X to work with my Radeon x300 card.

+ Reply to Thread