Multi-screen and the RECORD extension - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Multi-screen and the RECORD extension - Xwindows ; DISPLAY consists of host ort.screen When X is configured for Multi-Screen, does the RECORD extension record events on all screens? --Thanks, --Mike Jr....

  1. Multi-screen and the RECORD extension

    DISPLAY consists of hostort.screen

    When X is configured for Multi-Screen, does the RECORD extension
    record events on all screens?

    --Thanks,
    --Mike Jr.

  2. Re: Multi-screen and the RECORD extension

    On Nov 5, 11:58 am, Mike wrote:
    > DISPLAY consists of hostort.screen

    My system uses single X-Server Multi-Screen to control
    two separate displays. That is, :0.0 and :0.1

    > When X is configured for Multi-Screen, does the RECORD extension
    > record events on all screens?
    >
    > --Thanks,
    > --Mike Jr.

  3. Re: Multi-screen and the RECORD extension

    On Nov 5, 12:37 pm, Mike wrote:
    > On Nov 5, 11:58 am, Mike wrote:
    >
    > DISPLAY consists of hostort.screen
    >
    > My system uses single X-Server Multi-Screen to control
    > two separate displays. That is, :0.0 and :0.1
    >
    > When X is configured for Multi-Screen, does the RECORD extension
    > record events on all screens?

    I found the following reference:
    http://refspecs.freestandards.org/X11/recordlib.pdf

    recordlib.pdf states that the X11 RECORD extension uses *display* to
    identify the
    connection to the X server. For Multi-screen single Xserver, is
    display

    hostort
    -or-
    hostort.screen
    ?

    That is, is the RECORD extension limited to recording just a single
    screen? Or is RECORD
    open to recoding multiple screens managed by a single Xserver?

    --Thanks,
    --Mike Jr.

+ Reply to Thread