single-click as default? - Xwindows

This is a discussion on single-click as default? - Xwindows ; I was wondering if there is a simple way to have X perform most actions with a single click rather than a double-click. Having to double-click for most activities is annoying, this is the one thing from MacOS that I ...

  1. single-click as default?

    I was wondering if there is a simple way to have X perform most actions
    with a single click rather than a double-click. Having to
    double-click for most activities is annoying, this is the one thing from
    MacOS that I really envy. I imagine that this is something that my
    window manager (WindowMaker) would have to handle, maybe even individual
    applications, but if anyone has ideas I'm all ears.

    Thanks,
    Bruce
    --
    nagelbh@freeshell.org
    The Mouser felt a compulsive urge to take out his dagger and stab himself

  2. Re: single-click as default?

    On 2007-11-02, Bruce Nagel wrote:

    > I was wondering if there is a simple way to have X perform most actions
    > with a single click rather than a double-click. Having to
    > double-click for most activities is annoying, this is the one thing from
    > MacOS that I really envy. I imagine that this is something that my
    > window manager (WindowMaker) would have to handle, maybe even individual
    > applications, but if anyone has ideas I'm all ears.

    X has nothing to do with this, a window manager has nothing to do with
    this either.

    If you're using a desktop environment (like gnome, kde, xfce, CDE, 4Dwm, etc)
    try to find any settings for clicking on desktop icons, file manager
    icons, etc.

    Also do the same for any other program that you run, and deem
    appropriate that it should use click instead of double-click somewhere.

    --
    John Tsiombikas (Nuclear / Mindlapse)
    http://nuclear.sdf-eu.org/

+ Reply to Thread