Motif Print without showing the cursor in text boxes - Xwindows

This is a discussion on Motif Print without showing the cursor in text boxes - Xwindows ; I am using XWD to print out over 50 motif displays (user's choice) some with several text widgets. Is there an easy way to print without showing any of the cursors? When I print, each text box shows the I- ...

  1. Motif Print without showing the cursor in text boxes

    I am using XWD to print out over 50 motif displays (user's choice)
    some with several text widgets. Is there an easy way to print without
    showing any of the cursors? When I print, each text box shows the I-
    cursor somewhere in the text box.

    My thought is before the print, get the window id, get the children
    and grandchildren, check for text box and set XmNcursorVisible to
    false for each text box, print and then change them back. Any other
    ideas?

    Thanks,
    Steve

  2. Re: Motif Print without showing the cursor in text boxes

    On Oct 11, 10:52 am, sdreks...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I am using XWD to print out over 50 motif displays (user's choice)
    > some with several text widgets. Is there an easy way to print without
    > showing any of the cursors? When I print, each text box shows the I-
    > cursor somewhere in the text box.
    >
    > My thought is before the print, get the window id, get the children
    > and grandchildren, check for text box and set XmNcursorVisible to
    > false for each text box, print and then change them back. Any other
    > ideas?

    It is highly unlikely that you will be able to modify resources of a
    running
    application like this. You may be able to find the windows, but it is
    unlikely you can determine anything about the widgets associated with
    the windows.

    You could try turning off the cursors when you begin the program:
    someApp -xrm '?*cursorVisible: false'
    --
    Fred L. Kleinschmidt

  3. Re: Motif Print without showing the cursor in text boxes

    sdreksler@gmail.com writes:

    > I am using XWD to print out over 50 motif displays (user's choice)
    > some with several text widgets. Is there an easy way to print without
    > showing any of the cursors? When I print, each text box shows the I-
    > cursor somewhere in the text box.
    >
    > My thought is before the print, get the window id, get the children
    > and grandchildren, check for text box and set XmNcursorVisible to
    > false for each text box, print and then change them back. Any other
    > ideas?

    You can use the -id or -name argument to select the window without
    moving the pointer into the window.

+ Reply to Thread