How to disable the mouse wheel scrolling - Xwindows

This is a discussion on How to disable the mouse wheel scrolling - Xwindows ; Hi I am using the mouse wheel to send left mouse clicks to windows XP using the powerful tool PowerPro. However scrolling is events are also sent. Is there any way to disable the scrolling feature of the wheel ? ...

  1. How to disable the mouse wheel scrolling

    Hi
    I am using the mouse wheel to send left mouse clicks to windows XP
    using the powerful tool PowerPro. However scrolling is events are also
    sent.

    Is there any way to disable the scrolling feature of the wheel ?

    How can I edit the number of scrolled lines to be zero using regedit?
    The control panel allow a minimum number of one line scrolling.

    Thanks

  2. Re: How to disable the mouse wheel scrolling

    On 2007-10-05, Tareq wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am using the mouse wheel to send left mouse clicks to windows XP
    > using the powerful tool PowerPro. However scrolling is events are also
    > sent.
    >
    > Is there any way to disable the scrolling feature of the wheel ?
    >
    > How can I edit the number of scrolled lines to be zero using regedit?
    > The control panel allow a minimum number of one line scrolling.

    In your X config file, find the InputDevice section for your
    mouse, and play with (or add) a line that looks like the
    following:

    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

    Of course, make sure to make a backup copy of the config
    file before starting, and make sure to have a way to get
    back into the system if X becomes unusable. A text console
    or ssh are usually good options for a repair contingency
    plan.

    HTH

    --
    Robert Riches
    spamtrap42@verizon.net

  3. Re: How to disable the mouse wheel scrolling

    "Robert M. Riches Jr." writes:

    > On 2007-10-05, Tareq wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I am using the mouse wheel to send left mouse clicks to windows XP
    >> using the powerful tool PowerPro. However scrolling is events are also
    >> sent.
    >>
    >> Is there any way to disable the scrolling feature of the wheel ?
    >>
    >> How can I edit the number of scrolled lines to be zero using regedit?
    >> The control panel allow a minimum number of one line scrolling.

    > In your X config file, find the InputDevice section for your
    > mouse, and play with (or add) a line that looks like the
    > following:
    >
    > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    >
    > Of course, make sure to make a backup copy of the config
    > file before starting, and make sure to have a way to get
    > back into the system if X becomes unusable. A text console
    > or ssh are usually good options for a repair contingency
    > plan.

    To the OP,

    Also make sure you're actually using X-Windows.
    You appear to be using MS Windows and posting to a Usenet
    group that has nothing to do with MS Windows.

+ Reply to Thread