We have a production environment starting xvncserver for Oracle
applications to use. Now, I am trying to replicate the environment in
another test environment. My knowledge of linux is somewhat sparse so
I have what is probably a simple question.....

In production when I ps -ef | grep vnc, I see the following:

root 5479 1 0 Aug07 ? 00:00:00 Xvnc :2 -desktop aries:
2 () -httpd /usr/share/vnc/classes -auth //.Xauthority -geometry
1200x960 -depth 16 -rfbwait 30000 -rfbauth //.vnc/passwd -rfbport 5902
-pn

This is starting up in the rc.local. I've tried to replicate in
testbut it's not quite working. Can someone clarify what the double
slash folders are (i.e. //.vnc/passwd etc..)? It looks like to me
that vnc is starting as root so shouldn't the rfbauth point to /home/
root/.vnc/passwd or something like that? I guess what I'm asking is
who's folders are the ones with the double slash?

sorry for the stupid question but just a curiousity thing...

Thanks, Chris