how to install xlib.h in debian 4.0 - X

This is a discussion on how to install xlib.h in debian 4.0 - X ; When I comile qt/e in debian 4.0, it says it can't find the xlib.h file. Which package I should install? Best Regards xxthink...

  1. how to install xlib.h in debian 4.0

    When I comile qt/e in debian 4.0, it says it can't find the xlib.h
    file.
    Which package I should install?

    Best Regards

    xxthink

  2. Re: how to install xlib.h in debian 4.0

    Thinking writes:
    >When I comile qt/e in debian 4.0, it says it can't find the xlib.h
    >file.
    >Which package I should install?

    First, install apt-file and do an "apt-file update". Then, ask:

    apt-file search xlib.h

    and it will tell you which package(s) contain such a file.

    - anton

  3. Re: how to install xlib.h in debian 4.0

    On 9月4日, 下午8时26分, an...@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) wrote:
    > Thinking writes:
    > >When I comile qt/e in debian 4.0, it says it can't find the xlib.h
    > >file.
    > >Which package I should install?

    > First, install apt-file and do an "apt-file update". Then, ask:
    >
    > apt-file search xlib.h
    >
    > and it will tell you which package(s) contain such a file.
    >
    > - anton
    > --
    > M. Anton Ertl Some things have to be seen to be believed
    > an...@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at Most things have to be believed to be seenhttp://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/home.html

    thank you for your answer.
    I will try it.

  4. Re: how to install xlib.h in debian 4.0

    On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 12:26:22 GMT
    anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) wrote:

    > apt-file search xlib.h

    I would suggest

    apt-file search xlib.h | grep \/xlib.h$

    reason :

    jag-tpr50:~# apt-file search xlib.h | grep \/xlib.h$ | wc -l
    2
    jag-tpr50:~# apt-file search xlib.h | wc -l
    18
    jag-tpr50:~#

    --
    //Jacob Gaarde
    //Dont reply to my (aparent) e-mail address. Instead Use

  5. Re: how to install xlib.h in debian 4.0

    In article <20080906221355.46b95abf@jag-tpr50.btl.lan>,
    Jacob Gaarde <-dont@dev.null> wrote:
    > On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 12:26:22 GMT
    > anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (Anton Ertl) wrote:
    >
    > > apt-file search xlib.h

    > I would suggest
    >
    > apt-file search xlib.h | grep \/xlib.h$
    >
    > reason :
    >

    > jag-tpr50:~# apt-file search xlib.h | grep \/xlib.h$ | wc -l
    > 2
    > jag-tpr50:~# apt-file search xlib.h | wc -l
    > 18
    > jag-tpr50:~#

    Don't think you need to escape the slash, as it's not special to most
    shells.

    > A: It's annoying as hell
    > Q: Why do most people hate top-posting? -- Lots42 The Library Avenger

    http://www.fscked.co.uk/writing/top-posting-cuss.html

  6. Re: how to install xlib.h in debian 4.0

    I demand that Anton Ertl may or may not have written...

    Or use http://packages.debian.org/.

    | + Burn less waste. Use less packaging. Waste less. USE FEWER RESOURCES.

    :.::: ::..: ::.::. :..:: Tagline in Braille

+ Reply to Thread