Installing a start button in orobarus - X

This is a discussion on Installing a start button in orobarus - X ; I am using Debian (Lenny) and I have installed the oroborus window manager. Currently I do not have a root menu or a start button. I installed a free standing panel (fspanel). This gave me a taskbar and a clock, ...

  1. Installing a start button in orobarus

    I am using Debian (Lenny) and I have installed the oroborus window
    manager. Currently I do not have a root menu or a start button. I installed a
    free standing panel (fspanel). This gave me a taskbar and a clock, but I
    still don't have a start button, so I can't lauch any applications.

    How can I get a root menu and a start button? Is there a package that
    provides these?

    Also, besides fspanel are there any other packages that provide a stand
    alone taskbar?

    --
    Mark Hobley,
    393 Quinton Road West,

  2. Re: Installing a start button in orobarus

    Mark Hobley wrote:

    > How can I get a root menu and a start button? Is there a package that
    > provides these?

    I have installed deskmenu, but I still have no root menu. This is Debian
    Testing (Lenny).

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley,
    393 Quinton Road West,

  3. Re: Installing a start button in orobarus

    Bill Marcum wrote:
    > If you can start a xterm, use it to launch applications. I've been
    > using fvwm-crystal and haven't tried other window managers lately, but
    > now I'm getting curious.

    Yeah. It does spawn an xterm session at startup, and I am using this to
    spawn my applications. However I would like a taskbar and start button.

    Mark.

    --
    Mark Hobley,
    393 Quinton Road West,