Help: X Fonts Problem - X

This is a discussion on Help: X Fonts Problem - X ; Hello, When I'm in Gnome I delete the contents of /tmp directory, after that I can't start ant GUI program. When I restart the computer and then go to runlevel 5, the X server is crashed with following messages: ....... ...

  1. Help: X Fonts Problem

    Hello,

    When I'm in Gnome I delete the contents of /tmp directory, after that I
    can't start ant GUI program. When I restart the computer and then go to
    runlevel 5, the X server is crashed with following messages:

    Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!

    Fatal server error:
    could not open default font 'fixed'

    I really feel confused, then I add a font path into XF86Config file
    "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts". Then I use "startx" to go to Gnome, however, I
    can just use limited programs and something still go wrong.

    Could you tell me some tips?

    Thank you very much~

    Regards,

    Amy Lee

  2. Re: Help: X Fonts Problem

    In article ,
    Amy Lee wrote:

    > When I'm in Gnome I delete the contents of /tmp directory, after that I
    > can't start ant GUI program.

    _Everything_ in /tmp, including things like this:

    4.0K -r--r--r-- 1 root root 11 Aug 4 00:16 .X0-lock
    4.0K drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 4.0K Aug 4 00:16 .X11-unix/

    Dunno what those are specifically, but I bet they're needed by X. I'd
    advise you let tmpcleaner take care of it.

    LIBRA: A big promotion is just around the corner for someone
    much more talented than you. Laughter is the very best medicine,
    remember that when your appendix bursts next week. -- Weird Al

+ Reply to Thread