GLX does not work Mandriva-Nvidia - X

This is a discussion on GLX does not work Mandriva-Nvidia - X ; I clean installed Mandriva 2008.1 Spring Free on my box with a legacy card. The Nvidia legacy driver was put on with what I think were all the extras. The problem is that the Nvidia info reads: "The OpenGL extension ...

  1. GLX does not work Mandriva-Nvidia

    I clean installed Mandriva 2008.1 Spring Free on my box with a legacy
    card. The Nvidia legacy driver was put on with what I think were all the
    extras. The problem is that the Nvidia info reads:
    "The OpenGL extension 'GLX' is not supported by
    the X server or there was a problem retrieving
    GLX information from the X server."

    Also the Googleearth shows an overbox stating that some socket can't be
    found.

    The Nvidia logo shows at boot so I know it is loaded and working yet
    there are still problems.

  2. Re: GLX does not work Mandriva-Nvidia

    on Monday 14 July 2008 08:11
    in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.x
    Baldeagle wrote:

    > I clean installed Mandriva 2008.1 Spring Free on my box with a legacy
    > card. The Nvidia legacy driver was put on with what I think were all the
    > extras. The problem is that the Nvidia info reads:
    > "The OpenGL extension 'GLX' is not supported by
    > the X server or there was a problem retrieving
    > GLX information from the X server."
    >
    > Also the Googleearth shows an overbox stating that some socket can't be
    > found.
    >
    > The Nvidia logo shows at boot so I know it is loaded and working yet
    > there are still problems.

    You could try alt.os.linux.mandriva. How old is card? Does it
    support what you want? The free version of Mandriva would not
    include the proprietary nVidia drivers. Did you try the free
    driver first? Where did you get the non-free driver from the
    non-free directory of a Mandriva mirror or directly from nVidia?

    Sorry I don't know how to solve your problem - but I might have
    given you a clue.

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.