lightning detection and mapping - X

This is a discussion on lightning detection and mapping - X ; Is there any native-to-Linux system for lightning detection and mapping? The last time I searched (a few months ago), the best I found was some software which ran through a sound card (good, I have an unused onboard card), used ...

  1. lightning detection and mapping

    Is there any native-to-Linux system for lightning detection and mapping?
    The last time I searched (a few months ago), the best I found was some
    software which ran through a sound card (good, I have an unused onboard
    card), used homemade antennas (OK), and ran in VB (definitely NOT OK).
    Is there anything better out now?

    Two atoms are walking along. Suddenly, one
    stops. The other says, "What's wrong?" "I've lost
    an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"

  2. Re: lightning detection and mapping

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:42:25 -0400 Hactar wrote:

    | Is there any native-to-Linux system for lightning detection and mapping?
    | The last time I searched (a few months ago), the best I found was some
    | software which ran through a sound card (good, I have an unused onboard
    | card), used homemade antennas (OK), and ran in VB (definitely NOT OK).
    | Is there anything better out now?

    How would this do any triangulation?

  3. Re: lightning detection and mapping

    In article , wrote:
    > On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:42:25 -0400 Hactar wrote:
    >
    > | Is there any native-to-Linux system for lightning detection and mapping?
    > | The last time I searched (a few months ago), the best I found was some
    > | software which ran through a sound card (good, I have an unused onboard
    > | card), used homemade antennas (OK), and ran in VB (definitely NOT OK).
    > | Is there anything better out now?
    >
    > How would this do any triangulation?

    You'd have to share data with a close-by person, presumably with a
    common, highly accurate, timebase. Least, that's how another product I
    looked at worked. Unfortunately, it used VB.

    --
    "Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at
    only one point and were discovered by Euclid, who lived in the 6th

+ Reply to Thread