6 screens on 1 computer - X

This is a discussion on 6 screens on 1 computer - X ; Hello, I will be make a computer with 6 screens, so I have a motherboard with 3 pci-express slots and ubuntu linux 8.04 install on it. Motherboard type : Asus P5N-T deluxe with a intel E6550 cpu and 3 NVidia ...

  1. 6 screens on 1 computer

    Hello,
    I will be make a computer with 6 screens, so I have a motherboard with 3
    pci-express slots and ubuntu linux 8.04 install on it. Motherboard type
    : Asus P5N-T deluxe with a intel E6550 cpu and 3 NVidia 8400 gs cards.

    Problem :

    I start always just 2 cards and not the 3rd gpu.

    lspci said :
    lspci | grep VGA
    03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS
    (rev a1)
    04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS
    (rev a1)
    07:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GeForce 8400 GS
    (rev a1)

    I make my xorg.conf full configured, but it don't start screen 4 and
    screen 5 ( 0 , 1 , 2 , 3 works fine)
    When I change the busID off card 3 to 7 and 7 to 3 it start also only
    the first 2 gpu's.

    I install windows vista on this pc, for testing the motherboard and in
    vista it works perfectly with 6 screens.

    When I look al Xorg.0.log :
    CODE

    (EE) NVIDIA(GPU-2): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA graphics device
    PCI:3:0:0.
    (EE) NVIDIA(GPU-2): Please see the COMMON PROBLEMS section in the
    README for
    (EE) NVIDIA(GPU-2): additional information.
    (WW) NVIDIA(GPU-2): Failed to initialize NVIDIA graphics device on GPU
    PCI:3:0:0!

    there said it can not start pci:3:0:0 .
    The README :

    CODE

    My X server fails to start, and my X log file contains the error:

    (EE) NVIDIA(0): The NVIDIA kernel module does not appear to
    (EE) NVIDIA(0): be receiving interrupts generated by the NVIDIA
    graphics
    (EE) NVIDIA(0): device PCI:x:x:x. Please see the COMMON PROBLEMS
    (EE) NVIDIA(0): section in the README for additional information.

    This can be caused by a variety of problems, such as PCI IRQ routing
    errors, I/O APIC problems or conflicts with other devices sharing the
    IRQ (or their drivers).

    If possible, configure your system such that your graphics card does not
    share its IRQ with other devices (try moving the graphics card to
    another slot if applicable, unload/disable the driver(s) for the
    device(s) sharing the card's IRQ, or remove/disable the device(s)).

    Depending on the nature of the problem, one of (or a combination of)
    these kernel parameters might also help:
    Parameter Behavior
    pci=noacpi don't use ACPI for PCI IRQ routing
    pci=biosirq use PCI BIOS calls to retrieve the IRQ routing table
    noapic don't use I/O APICs present in the system
    acpi=off disable ACPI

    I have also test the kernel parameters, but none worked.

    Can anyone help me please.

    tanks a lot

    Muylle Bart

  2. Re: 6 screens on 1 computer

    I demand that Muylle Bart may or may not have written...

    > I will be make a computer with 6 screens, so I have a motherboard with 3
    > pci-express slots and ubuntu linux 8.04 install on it. Motherboard type
    > : Asus P5N-T deluxe with a intel E6550 cpu and 3 NVidia 8400 gs cards.

    That's three newsgroups (so far) in which I've seen this separately posted.

    [snip]
    > Can anyone help me please.

    Yes: CROSSPOST PROPERLY and set followups.

    | Kill all extremists!

    +2A does not support format, 0:1

  3. Re: 6 screens on 1 computer

    Darren Salt schreef:
    > I demand that Muylle Bart may or may not have written...
    >
    >> I will be make a computer with 6 screens, so I have a motherboard with 3
    >> pci-express slots and ubuntu linux 8.04 install on it. Motherboard type
    >> : Asus P5N-T deluxe with a intel E6550 cpu and 3 NVidia 8400 gs cards.

    > That's three newsgroups (so far) in which I've seen this separately posted.

    yes , I know but many newsgroups can give me many answers. Hopefully 1
    that works.

  4. Re: 6 screens on 1 computer

    I demand that Muylle Bart may or may not have written...

    > Darren Salt schreef:
    >> I demand that Muylle Bart may or may not have written...
    >>> I will be make a computer with 6 screens, so I have a motherboard with 3
    >>> pci-express slots and ubuntu linux 8.04 install on it. Motherboard type:
    >>> Asus P5N-T deluxe with a intel E6550 cpu and 3 NVidia 8400 gs cards.

    >> That's three newsgroups (so far) in which I've seen this separately
    >> posted.

    > yes, I know but many newsgroups can give me many answers. Hopefully 1 that
    > works.

    That's no excuse for multiposting.

    | + RIPA NOTICE: NO CONSENT GIVEN FOR INTERCEPTION OF MESSAGE TRANSMISSION

    Make sure that all variables are initialised before use.

+ Reply to Thread