how to - open a window on all of the screen ? Options - X

This is a discussion on how to - open a window on all of the screen ? Options - X ; Dear group, I would like to write an X application which open a window on all of the screen include tool bars ... (like screen saver or login screen). I will appreciate any code sample / guidelines. Thanks in advance, ...

  1. how to - open a window on all of the screen ? Options

    Dear group,

    I would like to write an X application which open a window on all of
    the screen
    include tool bars ... (like screen saver or login screen).

    I will appreciate any code sample / guidelines.

    Thanks in advance,

    Lior.

  2. Re: how to - open a window on all of the screen ? Options

    On May 28, 3:45*pm, liork wrote:
    > Dear group,
    >
    > I would like to write an X application which open a window on all of
    > the screen
    > include tool bars ... (like screen saver or login screen).
    >
    > I will appreciate any code sample / guidelines.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Lior.

    BTW, I need it in low level Xlib programing.

    Thanks,

    Lior.

  3. Re: how to - open a window on all of the screen ? Options

    liork staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > On May 28, 3:45*pm, liork wrote:
    >> I would like to write an X application which [opens] a window on all
    >> of the [screens], [including] tool bars ... (like [the] screen saver
    >> or login screen).

    > BTW, I need it in low level Xlib programing.

    Your question is unclear and badly phrased, and why can't you use a
    widget set? Widget sets make X apps a lot easier to write, debug, and
    maintain. Even xterm is written using Xaw.

    Did you mean "I want to make an X app whose main window is the size of
    the whole Display, and is always on top"? Tons of things like gmplayer,
    xine, xscreensaver, and any SDL game can do this. Or did you mean that
    you wanted a separate window for each Screen, if there are multiple
    Screens on the Display? What is this app's purpose, anyway?

    --
    Once I saw this wino who was eating grapes, and I said, "Dude, you
    have to wait." --Mitch Hedberg