how can I change options in xorg.conf from an application - X

This is a discussion on how can I change options in xorg.conf from an application - X ; Dear List, I want to change option in xorg.conf e.g - for "evtouch" driver want to change - Option "MinX" "98" to - Option "MinX" "0" but I want to do it from an application and not manual editing Is ...

  1. how can I change options in xorg.conf from an application

    Dear List,

    I want to change option in xorg.conf

    e.g -
    for "evtouch" driver
    want to change -
    Option "MinX" "98"
    to -
    Option "MinX" "0"

    but I want to do it from an application and not manual editing

    Is there APIs for this from an application (xf86ReplaceIntOption ???)

    Thanks a lot

    Lior

  2. Re: how can I change options in xorg.conf from an application

    liork staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > Dear List,

    This is a newsgroup, not a mailing list.

    > I want to change [an] option in xorg.conf. For [the] "evtouch"
    > driver, [I] want to change 'Option "MinX" "98" ' to 'Option "MinX" "0"
    > '. But I want to do it from an application and not [through] manual
    > editing [of xorg.conf]. [Are] there APIs for this from an application
    > ([like] xf86ReplaceIntOption ???)

    Your question is unclear. xorg.conf is read when X starts, and not at
    any other time. If you want to manipulate the settings for the evtouch
    touchscreen module at runtime, you'll have to check the evtouch source
    for how to do that. It'd probably be analogous to what "xset m 2 4"
    does, but it could be different since that affects all pointer devices
    while I think you want to only change the touchscreen device. It might
    be worthwhile to "man XF86MiscSetMouseSettings" too.

    If you don't want to change the behavior at runtime, have your app run
    sed on xorg.conf, then restart X.

    --
    For every new foolproof invention there is a new and improved fool.
    My blog and resume: http://crow202.dyndns.org:8080/wordpress/