How can I have a different background on every desktop - X

This is a discussion on How can I have a different background on every desktop - X ; I have four virtual desktops in my gnome panel. I want them to have a different background each, is that possible? -- Due to extreme spam originating from Google Groups, and their inattention to spammers, I and many others block ...

  1. How can I have a different background on every desktop

    I have four virtual desktops in my gnome panel. I want them to have a
    different background each, is that possible?

    posting on Usenet.
    http://improve-usenet.org/

  2. Re: How can I have a different background on every desktop

    Ignoramus3107 wrote:

    > I have four virtual desktops in my gnome panel. I want them to have a
    > different background each, is that possible?

    See ...

    http://ubuntu-utah.ubuntuforums.org/...d.php?t=753545

    Cheers.

    --
    The world can't afford the rich.

    How to get help at Microsoft Support ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C2SIZ5qsSQ

  3. Re: How can I have a different background on every desktop

    Ignoramus3107 wrote:

    > I have four virtual desktops in my gnome panel. I want them to have a
    > different background each, is that possible?

    I don't know how it is in Gnome, but in Kubuntu, I click right on the
    desktop and get a window where I can configure my screen background.
    In this window, I can choose if my settings apply for all desktops or only
    for one particular desktop

    --
    MarcB

+ Reply to Thread