Fvwm2 Pager Movement - X

This is a discussion on Fvwm2 Pager Movement - X ; Hello, I have recently installed openSUSE 10.3 on a new machine. While my normal behavior would have been to compile and install Fvwm 1, I have decided to try and see if it's possible to get Fvwm2 set up like ...

  1. Fvwm2 Pager Movement

    Hello,

    I have recently installed openSUSE 10.3 on a new machine. While my
    normal behavior would have been to compile and install Fvwm 1, I have
    decided to try and see if it's possible to get Fvwm2 set up like the
    Fvwm 1 I have running on all of my other machines. I'm almost there,
    but I am still running into one problem that I can't seem to figure
    out.

    On Fvwm 1, the pager can be moved by clicking on the center of the top
    border and just dragging it wherever on the screen you want. In
    Fvwm2, that doesn't happen. When I click on the center of the top
    border of the pager, it wants to resize the pager. This is annoying
    because sometimes, with certain apps, I just want to move the pager
    somewhere else rather than resize it. And dragging one corner all the
    way across the screen (making the pager take up the entire screen) and
    then going back and dragging the other corner all the way across the
    screen is stupid when I should be able to just drag the whole pager,
    in its current size, over to where I want it. I've searched, but I
    cannot find which setting would facilitate this.

    I've discovered that, if I don't have the !Title setting for Style, I
    can click on the Title bar and do this, but as soon as I get rid of
    the Title bar, it goes back to wanting to resize. Can anyone help?

    Thank you, in advance.

    Czouch

  2. Re: Fvwm2 Pager Movement

    In article <1690d7b7-535d-4458-bbd5-a4e83e0c8cbc@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
    Czouch wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have recently installed openSUSE 10.3 on a new machine. While my
    > normal behavior would have been to compile and install Fvwm 1, I have
    > decided to try and see if it's possible to get Fvwm2 set up like the
    > Fvwm 1 I have running on all of my other machines. I'm almost there,
    > but I am still running into one problem that I can't seem to figure
    > out.
    >
    > On Fvwm 1, the pager can be moved by clicking on the center of the top
    > border and just dragging it wherever on the screen you want. In
    > Fvwm2, that doesn't happen. When I click on the center of the top
    > border of the pager, it wants to resize the pager. This is annoying
    > because sometimes, with certain apps, I just want to move the pager
    > somewhere else rather than resize it. And dragging one corner all the
    > way across the screen (making the pager take up the entire screen) and
    > then going back and dragging the other corner all the way across the
    > screen is stupid when I should be able to just drag the whole pager,
    > in its current size, over to where I want it. I've searched, but I
    > cannot find which setting would facilitate this.

    I move mine by middle-clicking on the desktop which raises a menu
    containing the Window (or "Window Ops", not sure) menu, select
    "_M_ove" which invokes the function "move" and do it that way. I can
    also right-click on the pager's border, which runs the function
    "window_ops_func" which brings up the menu "Window-Ops2" and do it that
    way.

    fvwm 2.5.14 compiled on Oct 11 2005 at 00:17:16

    --
    The mnky gibbering and screeching used to keep me up at night, although
    in the lst week or so it's prtty mch tailed off to nthng. The smell has

  3. Re: Fvwm2 Pager Movement

    On Mar 23, 3:08*pm, ebenZERO...@verizon.net (Hactar) wrote:
    > In article <1690d7b7-535d-4458-bbd5-a4e83e0c8...@u10g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
    >
    > I move mine by middle-clicking on the desktop which raises a menu
    > containing the Window (or "Window Ops", not sure) *menu, select
    > "_M_ove" which invokes the function "move" and do it that way. *I can
    > also right-click on the pager's border, which runs the function
    > "window_ops_func" which brings up the menu "Window-Ops2" and do it that
    > way.

    Okay. In my case, right clicking on the border does nothing, but
    middle-clicking on it does bring up the menu. I selected "Move," and
    it worked.

    Thank you!

    Czouch

+ Reply to Thread