Problem with X11 window size resource. - X

This is a discussion on Problem with X11 window size resource. - X ; Hello I have an odd X11 resource problem. I use an application running on an AIX machine and I manage it thru Cygwin on my PC. To limit windows vertical size to my X11 screen size I wrote a ..Xdefaults ...

  1. Problem with X11 window size resource.

    Hello

    I have an odd X11 resource problem. I use an application running on an
    AIX machine and I manage it thru Cygwin on my PC.
    To limit windows vertical size to my X11 screen size I wrote a
    ..Xdefaults file like this:
    MyAppli*tableHeight: -1
    That works like a charm

    Now if I connect to my application thru X11 of a RHAS3
    the windows vertical size lose any limit.

    RHAS3 X11 seems to manage resource differently than Cygwin ?

    Versions used:
    Cygwin 6.7.0.0-9 on PC.
    XFree86-4.3.0-35.EL on Red Hat AS 3.

    Any help well appreciated
    Babar
    --
    "If we were to employ violent means, we would have nothing left to
    defend." (Dalaï Lama)

  2. Re: Problem with X11 window size resource.

    Babar de Saint Cyr a écrit :
    > Hello
    >
    > I have an odd X11 resource problem. I use an application running on an
    > AIX machine and I manage it thru Cygwin on my PC.
    > To limit windows vertical size to my X11 screen size I wrote a
    > .Xdefaults file like this:
    > MyAppli*tableHeight: -1
    > That works like a charm
    >
    > Now if I connect to my application thru X11 of a RHAS3
    > the windows vertical size lose any limit.

    Don't forget that X resources are on the *server* side.

    From the RHAS3 display you could try this to check is
    the resource is set : xrdb -query | grep MyAppli
    If not you can set it with :
    echo "MyAppli*tableHeight: -1" | xrdb

+ Reply to Thread