Annoying screen blanking - X

This is a discussion on Annoying screen blanking - X ; Hi For some reason my laptop has started to blank the screen after a couple of minutes or inactivity from the mouse or keyboard. The KDE screensaver is switched off and it doesn't happen when I'm running in character console ...

  1. Annoying screen blanking

    Hi

    For some reason my laptop has started to blank the screen after a
    couple of minutes or inactivity from the mouse or keyboard. The KDE
    screensaver is switched off and it doesn't happen when I'm running in
    character console mode so all I can think of is its the X server
    itself causing it.

    Anyone know how this could have happened and what I can do to stop it
    as it makes watching videos or reading long documents rather
    irritating.

    B2003

  2. Re: Annoying screen blanking

    Section "Monitor"