What version of Xorg? - X

This is a discussion on What version of Xorg? - X ; My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the x.org web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded Slackware to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0 instead ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. What version of Xorg?

    My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the x.org
    web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded Slackware
    to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0 instead of an
    expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range. Anyone know WTF is that?

    Oh, and as usual, it doesn't work. There always seems to be some change to
    the configuration files, so I have to always start over reconfiguring it.
    This time I ran "xorgcfg" with the xorg.conf file absent, so it would detect
    my hardware and set it up in xorg.conf for me (then later I would modify it
    to get my favorite modeline back). But it doesn't succeed in this case.
    The screen goes blank and X is running at 100% CPU. Doing strace shows no
    syscalls are happening after this. This is the exact behaviour I saw when
    just trying my previous config file. So, something else is broken this
    time around. FWIW, the video card is Matrox Millennium (mga).

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-27-0803@ipal.net |

  2. Re: What version of Xorg?

    In article , wrote:
    > My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the x.org
    > web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded Slackware
    > to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0 instead of an
    > expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range. Anyone know WTF is that?

    Run "xdpyinfo". Look for "X.Org version".

    > Oh, and as usual, it doesn't work. There always seems to be some change to
    > the configuration files, so I have to always start over reconfiguring it.
    > This time I ran "xorgcfg" with the xorg.conf file absent, so it would detect
    > my hardware and set it up in xorg.conf for me (then later I would modify it
    > to get my favorite modeline back). But it doesn't succeed in this case.
    > The screen goes blank and X is running at 100% CPU. Doing strace shows no
    > syscalls are happening after this. This is the exact behaviour I saw when
    > just trying my previous config file. So, something else is broken this
    > time around. FWIW, the video card is Matrox Millennium (mga).

    tail -f /var/lox/Xorg.0.log on a text console, switch to it with
    ctrl-alt-number. See where it gets when it stops.

    Drive nail here > < for new monitor.

  3. Re: What version of Xorg?

    On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:07:15 GMT Hactar wrote:
    | In article , wrote:
    |> My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the x.org
    |> web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded Slackware
    |> to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0 instead of an
    |> expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range. Anyone know WTF is that?
    |
    | Run "xdpyinfo". Look for "X.Org version".

    xdpyinfo: unable to open display "".

    Oh ... did I mention ... X isn't working.

    |> Oh, and as usual, it doesn't work. There always seems to be some change to
    |> the configuration files, so I have to always start over reconfiguring it.
    |> This time I ran "xorgcfg" with the xorg.conf file absent, so it would detect
    |> my hardware and set it up in xorg.conf for me (then later I would modify it
    |> to get my favorite modeline back). But it doesn't succeed in this case.
    |> The screen goes blank and X is running at 100% CPU. Doing strace shows no
    |> syscalls are happening after this. This is the exact behaviour I saw when
    |> just trying my previous config file. So, something else is broken this
    |> time around. FWIW, the video card is Matrox Millennium (mga).
    |
    | tail -f /var/lox/Xorg.0.log on a text console, switch to it with
    | ctrl-alt-number. See where it gets when it stops.

    Since X is stuck in a loop, I cannot switch the console. I know it is
    VT 10. But it's on VT 10 and the screen is black. It appears that X
    goes into a CPU loop sometime after it switches console and starts to
    change the video mode. It never finishes. I let the loop run for 2
    hours and it's not getting out in any reasonable time frame.

    I can SSH in from another computer (that has the same video card but is
    running Slackware 11.0 with Xorg 6.9.0 and working OK). Doing strace
    shows no syscalls being made or signals being handled by the X process.
    It pegs the CPU to 100% (one CPU core out of a pair of dual cores).

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-27-1313@ipal.net |

  4. Re: What version of Xorg?

    on Monday 28 January 2008 06:07
    in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.x
    Hactar wrote:

    > In article ,
    > wrote:
    >> My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the
    >> x.org
    >> web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded
    >> Slackware to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0
    >> instead of an
    >> expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range. Anyone know WTF is that?

    I noticed the same thing.

    > Run "xdpyinfo". Look for "X.Org version".

    [snip]

    psd@live] ~
    ->xdpyinfo | grep -i version
    version number: 11.0
    X.Org version: 1.3.0

    I still don't know.

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  5. Re: What version of Xorg?

    In article , wrote:
    > On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:07:15 GMT Hactar wrote:
    > | In article ,
    > wrote:
    > |> My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the x.org
    > |> web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded Slackware
    > |> to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0 instead of an
    > |> expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range. Anyone know WTF is that?
    > |
    > | Run "xdpyinfo". Look for "X.Org version".
    >
    > xdpyinfo: unable to open display "".
    >
    > Oh ... did I mention ... X isn't working.

    Hmpf. OK, try /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg*/changelog* . Or ask your
    package manager.

    > | tail -f /var/lox/Xorg.0.log on a text console, switch to it with
    > | ctrl-alt-number. See where it gets when it stops.
    >
    > Since X is stuck in a loop, I cannot switch the console. I know it is
    > VT 10. But it's on VT 10 and the screen is black. It appears that X
    > goes into a CPU loop sometime after it switches console and starts to
    > change the video mode. It never finishes. I let the loop run for 2
    > hours and it's not getting out in any reasonable time frame.
    >
    > I can SSH in from another computer (that has the same video card but is
    > running Slackware 11.0 with Xorg 6.9.0 and working OK). Doing strace
    > shows no syscalls being made or signals being handled by the X process.
    > It pegs the CPU to 100% (one CPU core out of a pair of dual cores).

    OK, after you kill X with ctrl-alt-backspace check that file. It's hung
    on some driver. Might want to google your video card and the last thing
    in the xorg log.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
    and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein

  6. Re: What version of Xorg?

    Peter D. staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > Hactar wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from
    >>> the x.org web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I
    >>> upgraded Slackware to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports
    >>> version 1.3.0 instead of an expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range.
    >>> Anyone know WTF is that?

    Really Old X: 3.1 .. 3.6
    Monolithic X: 4.0 .. 6.9
    Modular X: 1.0 (==7.0) .. onward. No, I don't know why they did that.

    >> Run "xdpyinfo". Look for "X.Org version".

    > version number: 11.0
    > X.Org version: 1.3.0
    > I still don't know.

    The 11.0 refers to the version of the X protocol that the server is
    using. This hasn't changed for 9 years and is not likely to change.
    Xorg 1.3 == Xorg 7.3 AFAICT. HTH,

    --
    Due to inflation, your 40 acres and a mule have now been reduced to
    400 square feet and a guinea pig.

  7. Re: What version of Xorg?

    on Monday 28 January 2008 12:23
    Dances With Crows wrote:

    > Peter D. staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    >> Hactar wrote:

    > Really Old X: 3.1 .. 3.6
    > Monolithic X: 4.0 .. 6.9
    > Modular X: 1.0 (==7.0) .. onward. No, I don't know why they did that.
    >
    >>> Run "xdpyinfo". Look for "X.Org version".

    >> version number: 11.0
    >> X.Org version: 1.3.0
    >> I still don't know.

    > The 11.0 refers to the version of the X protocol that the server is
    > using. This hasn't changed for 9 years and is not likely to change.

    For a long time I thought that it was Roman numerals for two.

    > Xorg 1.3 == Xorg 7.3 AFAICT. HTH,

    They just lost the top bar from the seven? Somebody though that
    it was just a serif? There was a German involved? (Germans like
    to put an extra cross bar halfway up their sevens. If it is not
    crossed it is not a seven it is a one!)

    It helps, but the mystery remains...

    --
    sig goes here...
    Peter D.

  8. Re: What version of Xorg?

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    > My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the x.org
    > web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded Slackware
    > to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0 instead of an
    > expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range. Anyone know WTF is that?

    It's the version of xorg-server. According to

    http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Releases/7.3

    xorg-server 1.4 goes with Xorg 7.3. So you have 7.2.

  9. Re: What version of Xorg?

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:07:14 GMT Hactar wrote:
    | In article , wrote:
    |> On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 19:07:15 GMT Hactar wrote:
    |> |
    |> | Run "xdpyinfo". Look for "X.Org version".
    |>
    |> xdpyinfo: unable to open display "".
    |>
    |> Oh ... did I mention ... X isn't working.
    |
    | Hmpf. OK, try /usr/share/doc/xserver-xorg*/changelog* . Or ask your
    | package manager.
    |
    |> | tail -f /var/lox/Xorg.0.log on a text console, switch to it with
    |> | ctrl-alt-number. See where it gets when it stops.
    |>
    |> Since X is stuck in a loop, I cannot switch the console. I know it is
    |> VT 10. But it's on VT 10 and the screen is black. It appears that X
    |> goes into a CPU loop sometime after it switches console and starts to
    |> change the video mode. It never finishes. I let the loop run for 2
    |> hours and it's not getting out in any reasonable time frame.
    |>
    |> I can SSH in from another computer (that has the same video card but is
    |> running Slackware 11.0 with Xorg 6.9.0 and working OK). Doing strace
    |> shows no syscalls being made or signals being handled by the X process.
    |> It pegs the CPU to 100% (one CPU core out of a pair of dual cores).
    |
    | OK, after you kill X with ctrl-alt-backspace check that file. It's hung
    | on some driver. Might want to google your video card and the last thing
    | in the xorg log.

    ctrl-alt-backspace has not effect. The X process isn't getting any signals
    and is not calling select/poll/read for anything (no syscalls at all). It
    appears to be hung in a loop apparently with all signals masked off.

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-28-2200@ipal.net |

  10. Re: What version of Xorg?

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:00:07 +0000 Darren Salt wrote:
    | I demand that Dances With Crows may or may not have written...
    |
    |> Peter D. staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    |
    |> Really Old X: 3.1 .. 3.6
    |> Monolithic X: 4.0 .. 6.9
    |> Modular X: 1.0 (==7.0) .. onward. No, I don't know why they did that.
    |
    | Not quite. 6.9 == X.org 1.0; 7.0 == Xorg 1.1.

    On my older Slackware 11.0 box, X says it is version 6.9.0, not 1.0. But
    the new Slackware 12.0 box, the packing and "X -version" say 1.3.0. The
    web site says 7.3 is the latest. It seems I have something about 15 years
    old.

    | [snip]
    |> Xorg 1.3 == Xorg 7.3 AFAICT.
    |
    | That's 7.2.

    Even more confusing if you can't simply subtract 6.0. Subtract 6.1?
    What is the official delta? Or is it a more complex formula that a
    simple linear subtraction?

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-28-2202@ipal.net |

  11. Re: What version of Xorg?

    On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:53:21 -0000 Warren Block wrote:
    | phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    |> My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the x.org
    |> web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded Slackware
    |> to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0 instead of an
    |> expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range. Anyone know WTF is that?
    |
    | It's the version of xorg-server. According to
    |
    | http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Releases/7.3
    |
    | xorg-server 1.4 goes with Xorg 7.3. So you have 7.2.

    So why does it not just say I have 7.2? Or why doesn't the web site say
    that 1.4 is the current version?

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-28-2205@ipal.net |

  12. Re: What version of Xorg?

    In article , wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:07:14 GMT Hactar wrote:
    > | In article ,
    > wrote:

    > |> Since X is stuck in a loop, I cannot switch the console. I know it is
    > |> VT 10. But it's on VT 10 and the screen is black. It appears that X
    > |> goes into a CPU loop sometime after it switches console and starts to
    > |> change the video mode. It never finishes. I let the loop run for 2
    > |> hours and it's not getting out in any reasonable time frame.
    > |>
    > |> I can SSH in from another computer (that has the same video card but is
    > |> running Slackware 11.0 with Xorg 6.9.0 and working OK). Doing strace
    > |> shows no syscalls being made or signals being handled by the X process.
    > |> It pegs the CPU to 100% (one CPU core out of a pair of dual cores).
    > |
    > | OK, after you kill X with ctrl-alt-backspace check that file. It's hung
    > | on some driver. Might want to google your video card and the last thing
    > | in the xorg log.
    >
    > ctrl-alt-backspace has not effect. The X process isn't getting any signals
    > and is not calling select/poll/read for anything (no syscalls at all). It
    > appears to be hung in a loop apparently with all signals masked off.

    Fine, make it tricky, why doncha? OK, log in from another machine and
    tail -f that file while you do stuff. Heck, how do you normally kill X
    when it hangs? BRS?

    --
    -eben QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP http://royalty.mine.nu:81
    "God does not play dice" -- Einstein

  13. Re: What version of Xorg?

    In article , wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:00:07 +0000 Darren Salt
    > wrote:
    > | I demand that Dances With Crows may or may not have written...
    > |
    > | [snip]
    > |> Xorg 1.3 == Xorg 7.3 AFAICT.
    > |
    > | That's 7.2.
    >
    > Even more confusing if you can't simply subtract 6.0. Subtract 6.1?
    > What is the official delta? Or is it a more complex formula that a
    > simple linear subtraction?

    Maybe they did something like what Sun did.

    VIRGO: All Virgos are extremely friendly and intelligent - except
    for you. Expect a big surprise today when you wind up with your
    head impaled upon a stick. -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_

  14. Re: What version of Xorg?

    I demand that phil-news-nospam@ipal.net may or may not have written...

    wrote:
    >> I demand that Dances With Crows may or may not have written...

    [snip]
    >>> Really Old X: 3.1 .. 3.6
    >>> Monolithic X: 4.0 .. 6.9
    >>> Modular X: 1.0 (==7.0) .. onward. No, I don't know why they did that.

    >> Not quite. 6.9 == X.org 1.0; 7.0 == Xorg 1.1.

    > On my older Slackware 11.0 box, X says it is version 6.9.0, not 1.0.

    The significant factor here is that 6.9.0 (X.org 1.0) was X.org's last
    monolithic release; 7.0 (1.1) is a modular release, but (AIUI) otherwise
    identical.

    > But the new Slackware 12.0 box, the packing and "X -version" say 1.3.0. The
    > web site says 7.3 is the latest. It seems I have something about 15 years
    > old.

    Mine says "X.Org X Server 1.4.0.90".

    >> [snip]
    >>> Xorg 1.3 == Xorg 7.3 AFAICT.

    >> That's 7.2.

    > Even more confusing if you can't simply subtract 6.0. Subtract 6.1? What
    > is the official delta? Or is it a more complex formula that a simple linear
    > subtraction?

    The version number isn't a decimal number; it's a string with numeric
    components.

    | + At least 4000 million too many people. POPULATION LEVEL IS UNSUSTAINABLE.

    Have *you* exported a crypto system today?

  15. Re: What version of Xorg?

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    > On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 15:53:21 -0000 Warren Block wrote:
    >| phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    >|> My previous Slackware 11.0 has Xorg version 6.9.0. I can see from the x.org
    >|> web site the latest version is 7.3 and 7.4 is coming. I upgraded Slackware
    >|> to version 12.0 and it seems Xorg now reports version 1.3.0 instead of an
    >|> expected value in the 6.9 to 7.4 range. Anyone know WTF is that?
    >|
    >| It's the version of xorg-server. According to
    >|
    >| http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Releases/7.3
    >|
    >| xorg-server 1.4 goes with Xorg 7.3. So you have 7.2.
    >
    > So why does it not just say I have 7.2? Or why doesn't the web site say
    > that 1.4 is the current version?

    Because xorg isn't a single package with a version number any more, it's
    now a collection of modules, each with its own version number.
    xorg-server 1.4 is just one component of Xorg 7.3. If you look farther
    down that web page, you'll see version numbers for other modules.

    As for finding out which overall version of Xorg you have, the easiest
    way may be the package manager.

  16. Re: What version of Xorg?

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:07:19 GMT Hactar wrote:
    | In article , wrote:
    |> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 01:07:14 GMT Hactar wrote:
    |> |

    |> |
    |> | OK, after you kill X with ctrl-alt-backspace check that file. It's hung
    |> | on some driver. Might want to google your video card and the last thing
    |> | in the xorg log.
    |>
    |> ctrl-alt-backspace has not effect. The X process isn't getting any signals
    |> and is not calling select/poll/read for anything (no syscalls at all). It
    |> appears to be hung in a loop apparently with all signals masked off.
    |
    | Fine, make it tricky, why doncha? OK, log in from another machine and
    | tail -f that file while you do stuff. Heck, how do you normally kill X
    | when it hangs? BRS?

    Yeah, tricky :-)

    I logged in from another machine and did "strace -ftt -s 256 -p " and
    it showed nothing happening when I tried to do anything like pressing keys
    and sending signals (other than SIGKILL). The "top" command showed it
    using 100% CPU. No syscalls. No signals.

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-29-2002@ipal.net |

  17. Re: What version of Xorg?

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 09:07:21 GMT Hactar wrote:
    | In article , wrote:
    |> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:00:07 +0000 Darren Salt
    |> wrote:
    |> | I demand that Dances With Crows may or may not have written...
    |> |
    |> | [snip]
    |> |
    |> | That's 7.2.
    |>
    |> Even more confusing if you can't simply subtract 6.0. Subtract 6.1?
    |> What is the official delta? Or is it a more complex formula that a
    |> simple linear subtraction?
    |
    | Maybe they did something like what Sun did.

    At least Sun made a simple difference. I appears that what Xorg did was
    let components freely step their own versions after resetting them.

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-29-2003@ipal.net |

  18. Re: What version of Xorg?

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:59:46 +0000 Darren Salt wrote:
    | I demand that phil-news-nospam@ipal.net may or may not have written...
    |
    |> On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:00:07 +0000 Darren Salt
    | wrote:
    |>> I demand that Dances With Crows may or may not have written...
    | [snip]
    |>> Not quite. 6.9 == X.org 1.0; 7.0 == Xorg 1.1.
    |
    |> On my older Slackware 11.0 box, X says it is version 6.9.0, not 1.0.
    |
    | The significant factor here is that 6.9.0 (X.org 1.0) was X.org's last
    | monolithic release; 7.0 (1.1) is a modular release, but (AIUI) otherwise
    | identical.

    Still, it would have been LESS confusing if EITHER they made the components
    match the main release (that would not be an option if components could step
    releases at different rates), or listed the latest version of EVERY component
    on the main web page.

    |> But the new Slackware 12.0 box, the packing and "X -version" say 1.3.0. The
    |> web site says 7.3 is the latest. It seems I have something about 15 years
    |> old.
    |
    | Mine says "X.Org X Server 1.4.0.90".

    And so the web site should say "The latest version of the X server is"
    and list that version or whatever subsequent one it happens to be.

    | The version number isn't a decimal number; it's a string with numeric
    | components.

    True. But the subtraction would mean only one part of the version needs
    to be converted. They didn't do that, so I assume there is some reason.
    The crux of the confusion, though, is that version numbers output by the
    programs do not match versions from the web site. That is what IMHO needs
    to be fixed.

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-29-2004@ipal.net |

  19. Re: What version of Xorg?

    On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:53:37 -0000 Warren Block wrote:
    | phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    |>|
    |>| It's the version of xorg-server. According to
    |>|
    |>| http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/Releases/7.3
    |>|
    |>| xorg-server 1.4 goes with Xorg 7.3. So you have 7.2.
    |>
    |> So why does it not just say I have 7.2? Or why doesn't the web site say
    |> that 1.4 is the current version?
    |
    | Because xorg isn't a single package with a version number any more, it's
    | now a collection of modules, each with its own version number.

    That's not what the main web page implies by giving only ONE version number
    as being the current version.

    | xorg-server 1.4 is just one component of Xorg 7.3. If you look farther
    | down that web page, you'll see version numbers for other modules.

    I do not see the version numbers for other modules on the main page. Nor
    do I see them on the page linked as "Information about all releases is
    available".

    | As for finding out which overall version of Xorg you have, the easiest
    | way may be the package manager.

    The package file name has "1.3.0" in it. The web site does not have any
    "1.3.0" there in any of the obvious places. If you can provide to me the
    relationship of the new/development release, current release, and most
    recent past release, AND all version numbers of modules/components thereof,
    I could show you how I feel the web site should describe it.

    | first name lower case at ipal.net / spamtrap-2008-01-29-2008@ipal.net |

  20. Re: What version of Xorg?

    phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    > On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 16:53:37 -0000 Warren Block wrote:
    >| phil-news-nospam@ipal.net wrote:
    >|>|
    >|>|
    >|>|

    >|> So why does it not just say I have 7.2? Or why doesn't the web site say
    >|> that 1.4 is the current version?
    >|
    >| Because xorg isn't a single package with a version number any more, it's
    >| now a collection of modules, each with its own version number.
    >
    > That's not what the main web page implies by giving only ONE version number
    > as being the current version.

    The Slackware web page says it's version 12.0, but that doesn't imply
    that it comes with Xorg 12.0.

    >| As for finding out which overall version of Xorg you have, the easiest
    >| way may be the package manager.

    By "package manager", I mean any of the various programs used by Unix
    systems to keep track of installed packages. Things like rpm or dpkg or
    such. A package name will usually have a version number for the overall
    package, like "xorg-7.3".

    > If you can provide to me the relationship of the new/development
    > release, current release, and most recent past release, AND all
    > version numbers of modules/components thereof, I could show you how I
    > feel the web site should describe it.

    You seem to have the impression that the Xorg project or website is
    under my control, which is not the case.

    It would be more productive to send your suggestions directly to the
    Xorg people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast