Touchscreen does not work on Fujitsu lifebook - X

This is a discussion on Touchscreen does not work on Fujitsu lifebook - X ; For my 6 year old son, I resurrected a old Fujitsu lifebook laptop. I installed Ubuntu 7.10 nd it runs great. Model B2620. Except for one thing; this computer has a touchscreen and a special pencil that you could use ...

  1. Touchscreen does not work on Fujitsu lifebook

    For my 6 year old son, I resurrected a old Fujitsu lifebook laptop. I
    installed Ubuntu 7.10 nd it runs great. Model B2620.

    Except for one thing; this computer has a touchscreen and a special
    pencil that you could use to touch the screen and emulate mouse
    clicks.

    Obviously enough, this feature sort of works: the mouse moves in
    response to the pen. Except that it does not move correctly and does
    not exactly track the pen, it moves horizontally only and, IIRC, even
    that does not work well.

    I would love this to work as, to me, this is a very convenient
    feature.

    Any idea if I can fix something?

  2. Re: Touchscreen does not work on Fujitsu lifebook

    In article ,
    Ignoramus5530 wrote:
    > For my 6 year old son, I resurrected a old Fujitsu lifebook laptop. I
    > installed Ubuntu 7.10 nd it runs great. Model B2620.
    >
    > Except for one thing; this computer has a touchscreen and a special
    > pencil that you could use to touch the screen and emulate mouse
    > clicks.
    >
    > Obviously enough, this feature sort of works: the mouse moves in
    > response to the pen. Except that it does not move correctly and does
    > not exactly track the pen, it moves horizontally only and, IIRC, even
    > that does not work well.
    >
    > I would love this to work as, to me, this is a very convenient
    > feature.
    >
    > Any idea if I can fix something?

    This may be way too basid, but did you already get the exact name of the
    driver from e.g. xorg.conf and search the web for that word to see what
    others have done?

    Logic is a systematic method of coming to
    the wrong conclusion with confidence.

+ Reply to Thread