Window (application) focus - X

This is a discussion on Window (application) focus - X ; Hello, I want to focus specifiec application . It's like a little bit ALT + TAB but not select from all running application just focus selected one. If it is possible how, if it is not possible it can be ...

  1. Window (application) focus

    Hello,

    I want to focus specifiec application . It's like a little bit ALT +
    TAB but not select from all running application just focus selected
    one. If it is possible how, if it is not possible it can be make sense
    that send a ALT + TAB keystroke in one key stroke. Because of In ALT +
    TAB is act when keys released not pressed. Shortly I focus application
    without ALT + TAB screen. If not possible how to minimize ALT + TAB
    screen showed on screen.

    Thanks...

  2. Re: Window (application) focus

    Erdinc staggered into the Black Sun and said:
    > I want to focus [a] [specific] application. It's like [using]
    > ALT-TAB, but not [selecting] from all running [applications], just
    > [focusing] one. If it is possible, how?

    "man wmctrl", and pay particular attention to the -l, -a, and -R
    options. If you don't have wmctrl installed, install it. It's really
    useful in many ways.

    --
    ....In Hong Kong action movies, they don't have Hollywood Guns with
    infinite bullet supplies. Instead, they have Hong Kong Pants(tm) which

  3. Re: Window (application) focus

    ErdinÁ wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to focus specifiec application . It's like a little bit ALT +
    > TAB but not select from all running application just focus selected
    > one. If it is possible how, if it is not possible it can be make sense
    > that send a ALT + TAB keystroke in one key stroke. Because of In ALT +
    > TAB is act when keys released not pressed. Shortly I focus application
    > without ALT + TAB screen. If not possible how to minimize ALT + TAB
    > screen showed on screen.
    >
    > Thanks...

    Setting apart whether or not it can be done, I think it depends on your
    windowmanager. For instance, I have my metacity set up to disallow
    windows from stealing focus.

+ Reply to Thread