Recommendations for a Radeon 9200 with PCI bus and 2xDVI? - X

  2. Re: Recommendations for a Radeon 9200 with PCI bus and 2xDVI?

    Il Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:11:14 +0000, Andrea Shepard ha scritto:

    > Does anyone know something
    > with a PCI bus, dual DVI outputs and 256 MB?

    For professional use I'd suggest Matrox cards, have a look here:

    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/co...ducts/home.php

    But, first of all, I'd stay away from ATI/AMD cards...
    Their linux drivers are ugly.

  3. Re: Recommendations for a Radeon 9200 with PCI bus and 2xDVI?

    sre wrote:
    > Il Tue, 11 Dec 2007 06:11:14 +0000, Andrea Shepard ha scritto:
    >
    >> Does anyone know something
    >> with a PCI bus, dual DVI outputs and 256 MB?

    > For professional use I'd suggest Matrox cards, have a look here:
    >
    > http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/co...ducts/home.php
    >
    > But, first of all, I'd stay away from ATI/AMD cards...
    > Their linux drivers are ugly.

    This will probably get better soon, since ATI's releasing
    information on their cards to the wild some of the future drivers
    won't be written by them at all. What I hope happens is the
    improvements go into the making the Xorg radeon driver
    better so the ATI closed one is irrelevant.
    Mark

  4. Re: Recommendations for a Radeon 9200 with PCI bus and 2xDVI?

  5. Re: Recommendations for a Radeon 9200 with PCI bus and 2xDVI?

    sre wrote:

    > But, first of all, I'd stay away from ATI/AMD cards...
    > Their linux drivers are ugly.

    But ... open source.

    I use Radeon 9200 here for 3d games.

    Mark.