Shortcut icon on Desktop - X

This is a discussion on Shortcut icon on Desktop - X ; I am using Xfce on Xubuntu as my user interface. How can I create a shortcut icon on the desktop that I can click to run an application located in /usr/bin/ ? Thanks...

  1. Shortcut icon on Desktop

    I am using Xfce on Xubuntu as my user interface.

    How can I create a shortcut icon on the desktop that I can click to
    run an application located in /usr/bin/ ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Shortcut icon on Desktop

    On Oct 25, 10:12 am, 1001 Webs <1001w...@gmail.com> wrote:
    > I am using Xfce on Xubuntu as my user interface.
    >
    > How can I create a shortcut icon on the desktop that I can click to
    > run an application located in /usr/bin/ ?
    >
    > Thanks

    If you right click on your desktop do you get as one of the menu
    options "Create a Launcher..." ?

    This is how you can do it using ubuntu but maybe different in Xubuntu.

  3. Re: Shortcut icon on Desktop

    Peter wrote:

    > On Oct 25, 10:12 am, 1001 Webs <1001w...@gmail.com> wrote:
    >> I am using Xfce on Xubuntu as my user interface.
    >>
    >> How can I create a shortcut icon on the desktop that I can click to
    >> run an application located in /usr/bin/ ?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > If you right click on your desktop do you get as one of the menu
    > options "Create a Launcher..." ?
    >
    > This is how you can do it using ubuntu but maybe different in Xubuntu.

    SuSE KDE, right click on your desktop, create new, link to application.
    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.

  4. Re: Shortcut icon on Desktop

    1001 Webs wrote:
    > I am using Xfce on Xubuntu as my user interface.
    >
    > How can I create a shortcut icon on the desktop that I can click to
    > run an application located in /usr/bin/ ?
    >
    > Thanks

    XFCE has desktop icons?
    You could try using adesklets or idesk or something like that.

+ Reply to Thread