no arrow keys with evdev keyboard driver? - X

This is a discussion on no arrow keys with evdev keyboard driver? - X ; Hi, i am trying to run a 2 seat configuration on Fedora. Now i am facing a stupid problem with my keyboards, the right Meta (AltGr) key is not working as well as the arrow (cursor) keys. What i did: ...

  1. no arrow keys with evdev keyboard driver?

    Hi,

    i am trying to run a 2 seat configuration on Fedora. Now i am facing a
    stupid problem with my keyboards, the right Meta (AltGr) key is not
    working as well as the arrow (cursor) keys.

    What i did: The only way i found was to let the gdm start to X-Server,
    each with different layout settings. Basically it works fine, but in
    order to have two separate keyboards, i had to change the keyboard
    driver in the xorg.conf from kbd to evdev.

    How can i fix this?

    I guess this is either something pretty stupid or so simple that no one
    dared to explain on the web.

    From my /etc/gmd/cust.conf:

    [servers]
    0=Standard0
    1=Standard1

    [server-Standard0]
    name=Standard server
    command=/usr/bin/Xorg -br -audit 0 -layout Seat0 -sharevts -novtswitch
    flexible=true

    [server-Standard1]
    name=Standard server
    command=/usr/bin/Xorg -br -audit 0 -layout Seat1 -sharevts -novtswitch
    flexible=true

    And the keyboard config from the xorg.conf (when activating driver kbd
    and deactivating evdev all keys work fine):

    Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier "Keyboard1"
    Driver "evdev"
    Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
    # Driver "kbd"
    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
    Option "XkbLayout" "de"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
    EndSection

    Thanks
    Harald

  2. Re: no arrow keys with evdev keyboard driver?

    I had the same problem. The solution (described by the link:
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=161955):

    Change the line

    Option "XkbModel" "pc105"

    Option "XkbModel" "evdev"

    Good luck :-)
    Christoph

  3. Re: no arrow keys with evdev keyboard driver?

    > Change the line
    >
    > Option "XkbModel" "pc105"

    > Option "XkbModel" "evdev"

    Thanks Christoph,

    changing the lines helped, at least for almost all keys. Only thing is
    that the key on the very left on the lowest row (close to left Shift and
    'Y' or 'Z') does not work at all.

    On the german layout this is (bad luck) on the third level the pipe
    symbol for the shell commands.

    If someone has any hint, i appreciate hearing or reading it. Otherwise
    it might be possible to use Xmodmap to enable this key again.

    Regards
    Harald

  4. Re: no arrow keys with evdev keyboard driver?

    Harald schrieb:
    [...]
    > it might be possible to use Xmodmap to enable this key again.

    i used a self created xkb layout instead of Xmodmap. I was able to
    define the missing key, now everything is working as expected

    Regards
    Harald

+ Reply to Thread