'SVGATextMode' and LCDs - X

This is a discussion on 'SVGATextMode' and LCDs - X ; I don't want to have text console under fb, I want it under the very effective program 'SVGATextMode' (mainly because it is really much much faster!!) But the problem is I can not find any 'modeline' for the SVGATextMode which ...

  1. 'SVGATextMode' and LCDs

    I don't want to have text console under fb, I want it under the very
    effective program 'SVGATextMode'
    (mainly because it is really much much faster!!)

    But the problem is I can not find any 'modeline' for the SVGATextMode which
    could be acceptable in LCD monitors!
    (e.g. from the examples in /etc/TextConfig)

    The utiliy grabmode isn't usable here as it modifies output, e.g. "Vertical
    timings were modified because they wrapped around (probably at
    1024)"

    so used 'fbset -s' to obtain modeline from fb that works perfectly in LCD:

    # fbset -s
    mode "1280x1024-60"
    # D: 108.003 MHz, H: 63.983 kHz, V: 60.021 Hz
    geometry 1280 1024 1280 3000 16
    timings 9259 248 48 38 1 112 3
    hsync high
    vsync high
    rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
    endmode

    Could ANYBODY be so kind to translate this output into X-style modeline?

    --
    Seryozha

  2. Re: 'SVGATextMode' and LCDs

    Darren Salt wrote:
    > $ fbset -x

    thanks, I've overlooked it somehow...

    But it still doesn't help - the modeline such obtained when applied to the
    SVGATextMode (putted into '/etc/TextConfig') renders text console highly
    unstable (unlike under fb) - why? these should be the same modes!

    --
    Seryozha

  3. Re: 'SVGATextMode' and LCDs

    I demand that Seryozha may or may not have written...

    [snip]
    > # fbset -s
    > mode "1280x1024-60"

    [snip]
    > endmode

    > Could ANYBODY be so kind to translate this output into X-style modeline?

    $ man fbset

    $ fbset -x

    | + Output less CO2 => avoid boiling weather. TIME IS RUNNING OUT *FAST*.

    There is no heavier burden than a great potential.

+ Reply to Thread