KernelTrap has interview with leader of the Open Graphics Project - X

This is a discussion on KernelTrap has interview with leader of the Open Graphics Project - X ; For those who have been following the project, KernelTrap.org has an interview with the leader of the Open Graphics Project (me): http://kerneltrap.org/node/4622 An excerpt from the interview: The Open Graphics Project is a collaboration between the Free and Open Source ...

  1. KernelTrap has interview with leader of the Open Graphics Project

    For those who have been following the project, KernelTrap.org has an
    interview with the leader of the Open Graphics Project (me):

    http://kerneltrap.org/node/4622

    An excerpt from the interview:

    The Open Graphics Project is a collaboration between the Free and Open
    Source Software (FOSS) Community and Tech Source Inc. to develop new 3D
    graphics products that are compatible with Free Software, both
    philosophically and practically. The project is currently designing an
    "open source friendly graphics card" which will offer quality 3D and 2D
    acceleration with an impressive feature set at an affordable price,
    aiming for availability as early as June of 2005. Though the project
    was only started in October of 2004, it has already released the card's
    specifications, a design document, and a software model for early
    testing and driver development. In this interview, Timothy provides a
    wealth of information about the project and its current status,
    highlights contributions needed from the free and open source
    community, and fully describes the specific capabilities of the card.

  2. Re: KernelTrap has interview with leader of the Open Graphics Project

    Timothy Miller wrote:
    > For those who have been following the project, KernelTrap.org has an
    > interview with the leader of the Open Graphics Project (me):
    >
    > http://kerneltrap.org/node/4622

    Nice interview you gave. If you don't have anything to do between 25-27 of
    February, then you could come to PUSH 2005 and make a presentation about the
    Open Graphics Project.

    For more information about PUSH 2005, check
    http://www.pegasos.org/modules.php?o...ndex&year=2005

    You can contact me (Trizt) or any other moderator of pegasos.org, if you will
    come.

    //Aho

  3. Re: KernelTrap has interview with leader of the Open Graphics Project

    Timothy Miller wrote:
    > For those who have been following the project, KernelTrap.org has an
    > interview with the leader of the Open Graphics Project (me):
    >
    > http://kerneltrap.org/node/4622
    >
    > An excerpt from the interview:
    >
    > The Open Graphics Project is a collaboration between the Free and Open
    > Source Software (FOSS) Community and Tech Source Inc. to develop new 3D
    > graphics products that are compatible with Free Software, both
    > philosophically and practically. The project is currently designing an
    > "open source friendly graphics card" which will offer quality 3D and 2D
    > acceleration with an impressive feature set at an affordable price,
    > aiming for availability as early as June of 2005. Though the project
    > was only started in October of 2004, it has already released the card's
    > specifications, a design document, and a software model for early
    > testing and driver development. In this interview, Timothy provides a
    > wealth of information about the project and its current status,
    > highlights contributions needed from the free and open source
    > community, and fully describes the specific capabilities of the card.

    Thank you.

    A preliminary introduction and mailing archive + spec:
    http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=9003

+ Reply to Thread